- Danger past, God forgotten.
- Dead men don't bite.
- Death is the great leveller.
- Deeds are males, and words are females.
- Deeds, not words.
- Desires are nourished by delays.
- Despair gives courage to a coward.
- Diamond cut diamond.
- Diamond cuts diamond.
- Diligence is the mother of good luck.
- Diligence is the mother of success.
- Discontent is the first step in progress.
- Discretion is the better part of valor.
- Distance lends enchantment to the view.
- Diverse men, diverse minds.
- Divide and conquer.
- Divide and rule.
- Do as I say, not as I do.
- Do as most men do, then most men will speak well of you.
- Do as you would be done by.
- Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
- Do not kick against the pricks.
- Do not look upon the vessel but upon that which it contains.
- Do not throw pearls before swine.
- Do not wear out your welcome.
- Do the likeliest, and God will do the best.
- Do to others what you would be done by.
- Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
- Do unto others as you would they should do unto you.
- Dog does not eat dog.
- Doing nothing is doing ill.
- Don't beat about the bush.
- Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
- Don't change horses in mid-stream.
- Don't count your chicken before they are hatched.
- Don't cross a bridge till you come to it.
- Don't cry before you are hurt.
- Don't cry stinking fish.
- Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
- Don't cut the bough you are standing on.
- Don't empty the baby out with the bath water.
- Don't halloo till you are out of the wood.
- Don't have too many irons in the fire.
- Don't judge a book by its cover.
- Don't judge a man until you've walked in his boots.
- Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.
- Don't make a rod for your own back.
- Don't make yourself a mouse, or the cat will eat you.
- Don't meet trouble half-way.
- Don't outrun the constable.
- Don't overrun the constable.
- Don't pour out the dirty water before you have clean.
- Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
- Don't put new wine into old bottles.
- Don't put the cart before the horse.
- Don't put tricks upon travellers.
- Don't quarrel with your bread and butter.
- Don't ride the high horse.
- Don't speak to the man at the wheel.
- Don't spoil the ship for half a penny's worth of tar.
- Don't take your harp to the party.
- Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs.
- Don't tell tales out of school.
- Don't throw out the dirty water until you have get in fresh.
- Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
- Don't wash your dirty linen in public.
- Don’t go near the water until you learn how to swim.
- Don’t make the same mistakes twice.
- Ｄｏｎ’ｔ teach fishes to swim.
- Don’t worry. Be happy.
- Dumb dogs are dangerous.
- Dying is as natural as living.