- Nature abhors a vacuum.
- Nature hates all sudden changes.
- Nature is conquered by obeying her.
- Naughty boys sometimes make good men.
- Near is my kirtle, but nearer is my smock.
- Near is my shirt, but nearer is my skin.
- Necessity and opportunity may make a coward valiant.
- Necessity has no law.
- Necessity is the mother of invention.
- Necessity knows no law.
- Needs must when the devil drives.
- Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
- Never ask pardon before you are accused.
- Never buy a pig in a poke.
- Never cast a clout till May be out.
- Never cry wolf.
- Never do evil that good may come of it.
- Never do things by halves.
- Never judge by appearances.
- Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
- Never make threats you cannot carry out.
- Never make two bites of a cherry.
- Never mix your liquor.
- Never put off till tomorrow what can be done today.
- Never say die.
- Never speak ill of the dead.
- Never spend your money before you have it.
- Never spur a willing horse.
- Never take a stone to break an egg, when you can do it with the back of your knife.
- Never tell tales out of school.
- Never tell your enemy that your foot aches.
- Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
- Never twice without three times.
- New brooms sweep clean.
- Night brings cousel.
- Ninety percent of inspiration is perspiration.
- No answer is also an answer.
- No cross, no crown.
- No gain without pain.
- No gains without pains.
- No great loss but some small profit.
- No man better knows what good is than he who has endured evil.
- No man can serve two masters.
- No man is a hero to his valet.
- No man is infallible.
- No names, no pack drill.
- No news is good news.
- No one should be judge in his own cause.
- No pain, no gain.
- No pains, no gains.
- No smoke without fire.
- No sweet without sweat.
- No time like the present.
- No war without a woman.
- None but the brave deserves the fair.
- None can guess the jewel by the casket.
- None so blind as those who won't see.
- None so deaf as those who won't hear.
- Nothing comes of nothing.
- Nothing costs so much as what is given us.
- Nothing hurts like the truth.
- Nothing is as good as it seems beforehand.
- Nothing is certain but death and taxes.
- Nothing is certain but the unforeseen.
- Nothing is so bad in which there is not something of good.
- Nothing is so certain as the unexpected.
- Nothing seek, nothing find.
- Nothing should be done in haste but gripping a flea.
- Nothing so bad but it might have been worse.
- Nothing stake, nothing draw.
- Nothing succeeds like success.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
- Nurture and good manners maketh man.
- Nurture is above nature.
- Nurture passes nature.