|Ásk me anóther!||for óne réason or anóther|
|óne àfter anóther||òne anóther|
|óne wày and anóther||óne wày or anóther|
|súch anóther||tàken [tàking] óne with anóther|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/01/23 16:19 UTC 版)
- One more, in addition to a former number; a second or additional one, similar in likeness or in effect.
- 2013 July-August, Philip J. Bushnell, “Solvents, Ethanol, Car Crashes & Tolerance”, American Scientist:
- Not the same; different.
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 22, The Mirror and the Lamp:
- 1979, Micheal Ende, The Neverending Story, p.53 , ISBN 0140386335
- 2013 May-June, Katrina G. Claw, “Rapid Evolution in Eggs and Sperm”, American Scientist, volume 101, number 3:
- Any or some; any different person, indefinitely; anyone else; someone else.
- As a fused head construction another may have a possessive another's (複数形: others, または possessive 複数形 other). It is much used in opposition to one; as, one went one way, another another. It is also used with one, in a reciprocal sense; as, "love one another," that is, let each love the other or others.
- Sometimes, the world "whole" is inserted into another by the common process of tmesis, giving: "a whole nother." This is a colloquialism which some recommend avoiding in formal writing. The prescribed alternatives are "a whole other" or a "another whole."
- There may be ambiguity: "I need another chair." may mean "My chair needs to be replaced." or "I need an additional chair [and I need to keep my existing chair]."
- ^ ""List of grammatical errors from Paul Brians of Washington State University"", URL accessed on 2009-05-06.
A. N. Other
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2011/10/23 12:26 UTC 版)
A. N. Other
- (英国用法) A formulaic name that is substituted for that of a person whose name or identity is not known, or not relevant; typically used when exhibiting an example.
- 1975, Bruno de Finetti, Theory of Probability: A Critical Introductory Treatment, page 62,
- 1983, Jack Harvey, Modern Economics: An Introduction for Business and Professional Students, page 300,
- 2005, Helen Beckman, Suzanne Le Quesne, The Essential Guide to Holistic and Complementary Therapy, page 435,
該当件数 : 34256件
別の本 - EDR日英対訳辞書
another name for Japanese 'tanka' poetry
和歌 - EDR日英対訳辞書
他の船 - EDR日英対訳辞書