該当件数 : 4325件
優しい上司 - Weblioビジネス英語例文
a boss car
すごい車. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
An Ideal Boss
理想の上司 - 浜島書店 Catch a Wave
|同義語（エイリアス）||X55887; CG8285; Bos; boss; bride of sevenless; F transcript; Protein bride of sevenless precursor|
Boss (video gaming)
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/11/01 15:30 UTC 版)
From Middle English bos, bose, boce, from Old French boce (“lump, bulge, protuberance, knot”), from Old Frankish *bottja ("a shoot, sprout"; whence also Italian boccia, bocciolo (“bud”); Italian bozzo (“bump”); French bosse (“bump,hump”)), a derivative of Old Frankish *bōtan (“to push, thrust, strike, beat”), from Proto-Germanic *bautaną (“to push, beat”), from Proto-Indo-European *bʰÀud-, *bʰÀu- (“to beat, push, strike”). Cognate with Old Frisian botta (“a shock, thrust, blow”), Middle Low German bote, bōte (“bundle of flax”), Old High German bōzo (“bundle of flax”), Old High German bōz (“a blow”). More at beat.
- A swelling, lump or protuberance in an animal, person or object.
- (geology) A lump-like mass of rock, especially one projecting through a stratum of different rock.
- A convex protuberance in hammered work, especially the rounded projection in the centre of a shield.
- (mechanics) A protrusion, frequently a cylinder of material that extends beyond a hole.
- (architecture) A knob or projection, usually at the intersection of ribs in a vault.
- (archery) the target block, made of foam but historically made of hay bales, to which a target face is attached.
- A wooden vessel for the mortar used in tiling or masonry, hung by a hook from the laths, or from the rounds of a ladder.
- A head or reservoir of water.
- (obsolete) A hassock or small seat, especially made from a bundle of straw.
- 1916, James Joyce, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, Macmillan Press Ltd, paperback, 36:
From Dutch baas, from Middle Dutch baes (“master of a household, friend”), from Old Dutch *baso (“uncle, kinsman”), from Proto-Germanic *baswô, masculine form of Proto-Germanic *baswǭ (“father's sister, aunt, cousin”). Cognate with Middle Low German bās (“supervisor, foreman”), Old Frisian bas (“master”), Old High German basa ("father's sister, cousin"; > German Base (“aunt, cousin”)).
- A person who oversees and directs the work of others; a supervisor.
- A person in charge of a business or company.
- A leader, the head of an organized group or team.
- The head of a political party in a given region or district.
- (informal, chiefly India) A term of address to a man.
- Yes, boss.
- (video games) An enemy, often at the end of a level, that is particularly challenging and must be beaten in order to progress.
- (humorous) Wife.
- (person in charge of a business または company): employer
- (person who oversees かつ directs the work of others): line manager, manager, supervisor
- (leader of an organized group または team): head, leader
- (head of a political party in a given region または district): leader
- (くだけた用法: term of address to a man): gov/guv (英国用法), guvnor (英国用法), mate (英国用法)
- See also Wikisaurus:boss
- (transitive) To exercise authoritative control over; to lord over; to boss around; to tell (someone) what to do, often repeatedly.
- 1931, Robert L. May, Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer, Montgomery Ward (publisher):
- 1932, Lorine Pruette, The Parent and the Happy Child, page 76
- 1967, Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, The purloined paperweight, page 90
- 1980, Jean Toomer The wayward and the seeking: a collection of writings by Jean Toomer, page 40
該当件数 : 4325件
boss one's husband (around)
夫を尻に敷く. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
flatter one's boss
ボスにへつらう. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
a person with a boss
親方のいる人 - EDR日英対訳辞書
- 【教えて下さい】「乗り物は何分待ちです...」の英訳 (3488)
- 【教えて下さい】「子どもたちはどろだらけになりました」の英訳 (3100)
- 【教えて下さい】「take another 」の意味 (1507)
- waiting for you (1101)
- 日本の学校英語はなぜこれほど役に立たないのか？ (683)