該当件数 : 13件
buy a suit off the peg
つるしのスーツを買う. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
to buy off a man
賂を使って人を買収する - 斎藤和英大辞典
to a buy off a man
賄賂を使って人を買収する - 斎藤和英大辞典
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/09/13 20:09 UTC 版)
- (transitive) to pay off, convince to refrain etc. by corrupt payment or other service
1742, Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons, The history and proceedings of the House of Commons from the Restoration to the present time, Volume 8, page 166:
- Then, Sir, as to Bribery and Corruption at Elections ... every Elector has a natural Byass to vote for one Man rather than another, and every Elector will vote according to his natural Byass, if he is not bought off: whoever endeavours to buy him off, must certainly come up to his Price, and this Price will be higher or lower, according to the Elector's Honour and Circumstances, and the natural Byass he has for the other Candidate. A great many Men may be perhaps bought off with 100 or 1000 Guineas, who, if half that sum were offered, would spurn it away with an honest Disdain.
該当件数 : 13件
I buy you off using a bribe.
私はあなたを賄賂を使って買収する。 - Weblio Email例文集
Lots of people buy [get] expensive cars just to show off.
見栄で高級車を持つ人が多い. - 研究社 新和英中辞典
Did I buy the geese off you?"
あんたがあの鵞鳥どもを売ってくれたってのか？」 - Arthur Conan Doyle『ブルー・カーバンクル』
- 【教えて下さい】「乗り物は何分待ちです...」の英訳 (3489)
- 【教えて下さい】「子どもたちはどろだらけになりました」の英訳 (3101)
- 【教えて下さい】「if another 」の意味 (1569)
- 【教えて下さい】「take another 」の意味 (1507)
- 【教えて下さい】「take over」の意味 (1501)