出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/03/19 15:28 UTC 版)
- A complete assembly, consisting of an artillery tube and a breech mechanism, firing mechanism or base cap, which is a component of a gun, howitzer or mortar. It may include muzzle appendages.
- A large-bore machine gun.
- A bone of a horse's leg, between the fetlock joint and the knee or hock.
- (historical) A large muzzle-loading artillery piece.
- (sports, billiards, snooker, pool) A carom.
- (baseball, figuratively, informal) The arm of a player that can throw well.
- (engineering) A hollow cylindrical piece carried by a revolving shaft, on which it may, however, revolve independently.
- (printing) Alternative form of canon. (a large size of type)
- To bombard with cannons
- (sports, billiards, snooker, pool) To play the carom billiard shot. To strike two balls with the cue ball
- To fire something, especially spherical, rapidly.
- ^ Barnhart, Robert K.; Editor. The Barnhart Concise Dictionary of Etymology. 1995 HarperResource/HarperCollins P.102.
- ^ Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. Merriam-Webster, 2002. http://unabridged.merriam-webster.com (December 26, 2006).
- ^ (JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military かつ Associated Terms).
該当件数 : 119件
make a cannon
大砲を作る - 日本語WordNet
a cannon with a grooved barrel, called grooved cannon
施条砲という大砲 - EDR日英対訳辞書
cannon into a person
人とぶつかる. - 研究社 新英和中辞典