in classical genetics, an individual who carries one deleterious allele for an autosomal recessive disorder. in clinical discussions, may refer to an individual who carries a deleterious allele that predisposes to disease.
|出典：北里大学医療衛生学部 医療情報学研究室編集 医学用語集|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/12/13 03:18 UTC 版)
- A person or object that carries someone or something else.
- A carrier pigeon, a newspaperese term (misnomer) for a homing pigeon, racing pigeon, racing homer, homer.
- An Old English carrier pigeon or Old English carrier (the "King of the Doos").
- A person or company in the business of shipping freight.
- A person or animal that transmits a disease to others without itself contracting the disease.
- A signal such as radio, sound, or light that is modulated to transmit information.
- A mobile network operator; wireless carrier.
- An inert material added to an active ingredient to aid in the application and/or the effectiveness of active ingredient.
- A certified airline.
- (engineering) That which drives or carries.
- The term carrier pigeon is often used, especially in newspaper and magazine articles, for a homing pigeon or racing pigeon that carries messages. Many pigeon fanciers (particularly homer men かつ homer women) consider this to be a misnomer because the term is outdated and originally referred to the ancestors of present-day Old English carriers. These "carrier pigeons" were formerly used to carry messages before the modern homing pigeon was developed in the 1800s (initially in Belgium かつ Britain), but is today strictly an exhibition pigeon or show pigeon that has mostly lost its strong homing instinct. The "carrier pigeon" was also one of the breeds used to develop the modern homing pigeon and therefore does have some "carrier blood" in it.
- aircraft carrier
- armored personnel carrier, armoured personnel carrier
- banner carrier
- carrier bag
- carrier set
- Old English Carrier pigeon, Old English Carrier, English Carrier pigeon, English Carrier, Carrier pigeon, Carrier
- carrier pigeon (a misnomer for the homing pigeon, racing pigeon, homer)
- carrier wave
- charge carrier
- common carrier
- flag carrier
- people carrier
- ^ The Carrier, or certainly the Horseman, was the first breed used in England for message-bearing purposes. The name, “Carrier Pigeon,” is still used today erroneously by many writers, especially in newspapers and periodicals, to describe the true Racing Homer. The Carrier today has been developed into a show bird alone, its homing propensities having long since ceased to be developed. — Wendell M. Levi, The Pigeon, 1941 (Renewed 1968), 1946, 1957, and 1963; p57.
該当件数 : 40004件
also called carrier frequency.
「carrier frequency（保因頻度）」とも呼ばれる。 - PDQ®がん用語辞書 英語版
also called carrier rate.
「carrier rate（保因率）」とも呼ばれる。 - PDQ®がん用語辞書 英語版
Mobile phone carrier
携帯電話のキャリア - Weblio Email例文集