|in the clóuds 《口語》||on a clóud|
|on clóud níne [séven]||ùnder a clóud|
該当件数 : 944件
雲の動き - Weblio Email例文集
a dark [rain] cloud
暗雲[雨雲]. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
a cloud of flies
無数のハエ. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2016/01/17 00:13 UTC 版)
From Middle English cloud, cloude, clod, clud, clude, from 古期英語 clūd (“mass of stone, rock, boulder, hill”), from Proto-Germanic *klūtaz, *klutaz (“lump, mass, conglomeration”), from Proto-Indo-European *gel- (“to ball up, clench”). Cognate with Scots cloud, clud (“cloud”), Dutch kluit (“lump, mass, clod”), German Low German Kluut, Kluute (“lump, mass, ball”), German Kloß (“lump, dumpling, meatball”), Danish klode (“sphere, orb, planet”), Swedish klot (“sphere, orb, ball, globe”), Icelandic klót (“knob on a sword's hilt”). Related to clod, clot, clump, club.
- (obsolete) A rock; boulder; a hill.
- A visible mass of water droplets suspended in the air.
- 1908, W[illiam] B[lair] M[orton] Ferguson, Zollenstein, New York, N.Y.: D. Appleton & Company, OCLC 29686887 , chapter IV:
- Any mass of dust, steam or smoke resembling such a mass.
2013 June 29, “Unspontaneous combustion”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 29:
- Since the mid-1980s, when Indonesia first began to clear its bountiful forests on an industrial scale in favour of lucrative palm-oil plantations, “haze” has become an almost annual occurrence in South-East Asia. The cheapest way to clear logged woodland is to burn it, producing an acrid cloud of foul white smoke that, carried by the wind, can cover hundreds, or even thousands, of square miles.
- Anything which makes things foggy or gloomy.
- A group or swarm, especially suspended above the ground or flying.
- An elliptical shape or symbol whose outline is a series of semicircles, supposed to resemble a cloud.
- (computing, with the) The Internet, regarded as an amorphous omnipresent space for processing and storage, the focus of cloud computing.
2013 June 14, Jonathan Freedland, “Obama's once hip brand is now tainted”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 1, page 18:
- Now we are liberal with our innermost secrets, spraying them into the public ether with a generosity our forebears could not have imagined. Where we once sent love letters in a sealed envelope, or stuck photographs of our children in a family album, now such private material is despatched to servers and clouds operated by people we don't know and will never meet.
- (figuratively) A negative aspect of something positive: see every cloud has a silver lining or every silver lining has a cloud.
- (slang) Crystal methamphetamine.
- A large, loosely-knitted headscarf worn by women.
- (intransitive) To become foggy or gloomy, to become obscured from sight.
- (transitive) To overspread or hide with a cloud or clouds.
- (transitive) To make obscure.
- (transitive) To make gloomy or sullen.
- (transitive) To blacken; to sully; to stain; to tarnish (reputation または character).
- (transitive) To mark with, or darken in, veins or sports; to variegate with colours.
出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/07/25 02:12 UTC 版)
該当件数 : 944件
cloud one's reputation
名声を汚す. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
a pillar of cloud
雲の柱. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
a rag of cloud
ちぎれ雲. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
- 英語の勉強にも役立つオススメ漫画はありますか？ (787)
- 英語からドイツ語へ翻訳する辞書 (731)
- 【教えて下さい】「会計で5000円を出しました」の英訳 (713)
- 英単語暗記について (668)
- 英語の速読力はどうやったら身につきますか？ (435)