|gìve the dévil his dúe||páy one's dúes|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/01/03 16:04 UTC 版)
- Owed or owing.
- Scheduled; expected.
- Having reached the expected, scheduled, or natural time.
1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 1, The China Governess:
- The huge square box, parquet-floored and high-ceilinged, had been arranged to display a suite of bedroom furniture designed and made in the halcyon days of the last quarter of the nineteenth century, when modish taste was just due to go clean out of fashion for the best part of the next hundred years.
- Owing; ascribable, as to a cause.
- J. D. Forbes
1922, Ben Travers, chapter 2, A Cuckoo in the Nest:
- Mother […] considered that the exclusiveness of Peter's circle was due not to its distinction, but to the fact that it was an inner Babylon of prodigality and whoredom, from which every Kensingtonian held aloof, except on the conventional tip-and-run excursions in pursuit of shopping, tea and theatres.
- Deserved acknowledgment.
- (in 複数形 dues) A membership fee.
- That which is owed; debt; that which belongs or may be claimed as a right; whatever custom, law, or morality requires to be done, duty.
- Right; just title or claim.
該当件数 : 49879件
真北に. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
真西に. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
canceled due to rain
雨天中止 - Weblio Email例文集