出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/03/24 00:28 UTC 版)
- Alternative spelling of dike.
- (Australia, slang) A toilet.
- (英国用法) A ditch (まれに also refers to similar natural features, かつ to one natural valley, Devil's Dyke, Sussex, due to a legend that the devil dug it).
- (英国用法, mainly S England) An earthwork consisting of a ditch and a parallel rampart.
- (英国用法) An embankment to prevent inundation, or a causeway.
- (英国用法, mainly Scotland かつ N England) A mound of earth, stone- or turf-faced, sometimes topped with hedge planting, or a hedge alone, used as a fence.
- (英国用法, mainly Scotland かつ N England) A dry-stone wall usually forming a boundary to a wood, field or garden.
- (英国用法, geology) A body of once molten igneous rock that was injected into older rocks in a manner that crosses bedding planes.
- (slang, pejorative) A lesbian, particularly one who appears macho or acts in a macho manner. This word has been reclaimed, by some, as politically empowering. (See usage notes.)
In the sense of a gay woman, this term is generally derogatory when used by heterosexuals (かつ sometimes when used by non-heterosexuals), but, it is also used by some lesbians and bisexual women to refer to themselves, positively. A similar approach to the possibility of reclamation is evident in the use of the word queer among some lesbians, bisexual women, and others; see reclaimed word and reappropriation for discussion. It is important to note that many people do not believe that “queer” is able to be reclaimed, because of its fraught history and continued pejorative usage. Thus, the terms “dyke” and “queer” are both potentially liberatory while also being highly contested.
出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/07/14 02:54 UTC 版)
- Dyke (construction) or levee, a natural or artificial slope or wall to regulate water levels
- A ditch, a water filled drainage trench
- A regional term for a dry stone wall
- Dike (geology), a subvertical sheet-like intrusion of magma or sediment
- Dikes, diagonal pliers, a hand tool used by electricians and others
- Dyking out, a slang term for a uniform or dressing assistant at Virginia Military Institute and other military schools or colleges
- Dike (mythology), the Greek goddess of moral justice
- 99 Dike, an asteroid
- D-Yikes!, an episode of South Park
- Dyke (slang), a lesbian
- Dyke (car), a brass era automobile
該当件数 : 18件
The river was embanked with a dyke
川に堤防が築かれた - 日本語WordNet
The permeability of the submerged dyke for the earth retaining for the artificial dyke is maximized on the sea side and minimized on the artificial dyke side.
上記人工干潟用土留めの潜提の透水性は海側で最大、人工干潟側で最低とする。 - 特許庁
An ant-hole will destroy a dyke―（に相当するは）―“A little leak will sink a ship.”
千丈の堤も蟻の穴より崩る - 斎藤和英大辞典