出典:『Wiktionary』 (2013/08/29 19:16 UTC 版)
- Alternative spelling of dike.
- (Australia, slang) A toilet.
- (英国用法) a ditch.
- (Sussex) a valley.
- (slang, pejorative) A lesbian, particularly one who appears macho or acts in a macho manner. This word has been reclaimed, by some, as politically empowering. (See usage notes.)
In the sense of a gay woman, this term is generally derogatory when used by heterosexuals (かつ sometimes when used by non-heterosexuals), but, it is also used by some lesbians and bisexual women to refer to themselves, positively. A similar approach to the possibility of reclamation is evident in the use of the word queer among some lesbians, bisexual women, and others; see reclaimed word and reappropriation for discussion. It is important to note that many people do not believe that “queer” is able to be reclaimed, because of its fraught history and continued pejorative usage. Thus, the terms “dyke” and “queer” are both potentially liberatory while also being highly contested.
出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/07/14 02:54 UTC 版)
- Dyke (construction) or levee, a natural or artificial slope or wall to regulate water levels
- A ditch, a water filled drainage trench
- A regional term for a dry stone wall
- Dike (geology), a subvertical sheet-like intrusion of magma or sediment
- Dikes, diagonal pliers, a hand tool used by electricians and others
- Dyking out, a slang term for a uniform or dressing assistant at Virginia Military Institute and other military schools or colleges
- Dike (mythology), the Greek goddess of moral justice
- 99 Dike, an asteroid
- D-Yikes!, an episode of South Park
- Dyke (slang), a lesbian
- Dyke (car), a brass era automobile
該当件数 : 17件
The river was embanked with a dyke
川に堤防が築かれた - 日本語WordNet
An ant-hole will destroy a dyke―（に相当するは）―“A little leak will sink a great ship.”
千丈の提も蟻の穴より崩れる - 斎藤和英大辞典
An ant-hole will destroy a dyke―（に相当するは）―“A little leak will sink a ship.”
千丈の堤も蟻の穴よ崩る - 斎藤和英大辞典