|the Elevátion of the Hóst|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/05/09 23:14 UTC 版)
- The act of raising from a lower place, condition, or quality to a higher; said of material things, persons, the mind, the voice, etc.; as, the elevation of grain; elevation to a throne; elevation to sainthood; elevation of mind, thoughts, or character.
- The condition of being or feeling elevated; heightened; exaltation.
- That which is raised up or elevated; an elevated place or station; as, an elevation of the ground; a hill.
- The distance of a celestial object above the horizon, or the arc of a vertical circle intercepted between it and the horizon; altitude; as, the elevation of the pole, or of a star.
- The angle which the style makes with the substylar line.
- The movement of the axis of a piece in a vertical plane; also, the angle of elevation, that is, the angle between the axis of the piece and the line of sight; distinguished from direction.
- (architecture) A geometrical projection of a building, or other object, on a plane perpendicular to the horizon; orthographic projection on a vertical plane; called by the ancients the orthography.
- (Christianity) The raising of the host—representing Christ’s body—in a mass or Holy Communion service.
出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/05/25 11:36 UTC 版)
該当件数 : 2645件
at an elevation of 1000 feet
1千フィートの高さで. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
a rice field at a high elevation
高い場所にある田 - EDR日英対訳辞書
a pond on land of high elevation
高層湿原の池 - EDR日英対訳辞書