|gen-||命を与えること、子孫を作ることを表す印欧語根。また、繁殖に関係することや、家族・部族に関係することを表す。重要な派生語は、engine, general, gentle, king, nature, 接尾辞-gen（生成物を表す）など。|
|-ation||次の意味を表す名詞語尾 1動作、行動 2結果の状態 3結果として生じた物|
first-generation copy ＜generation＞
|出典：北里大学医療衛生学部 医療情報学研究室編集 医学用語集|
Generation (particle physics)
Generation, length of a
Other replacement indices are also computed. For instance, the net reproduction rate is sometimes split into a legitimate component 1 and an illegitimate component 2. Again, a nuptial reproduction rate 3has been computed, showing the number of legitimate daughters that will be born to a newly-born female if current rates of mortality, fertility, nuptiality and dissolution of marriage remain unchanged. Generally such rates are for females, but it would be possible to compute analogous rates for males. More...
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/04/25 20:53 UTC 版)
- The fact of creating something, or bringing something into being; production, creation. [from 14th c.]
- The act of creating a living creature or organism; procreation. [from 14th c.]
- (now US regional) Race, family; breed. [from 14th c.]
- A single step or stage in the succession of natural descent; a rank or degree in genealogy, the members of a family from the same parents, considered as a single unit. [from 14th c.]
- (obsolete) Descendants, progeny; offspring. [15th-19th c.]
- The average amount of time needed for children to grow up and have children of their own, generally considered to be a period of around thirty years, used as a measure of time. [from 17th c.]
- A set stage in the development of computing or of a specific technology. [from 20th c.]
- (geometry) The formation or production of any geometrical magnitude, as a line, a surface, a solid, by the motion, in accordance with a mathematical law, of a point or a magnitude; as, the generation of a line or curve by the motion of a point, of a surface by a line, a sphere by a semicircle, etc.
- A specific age range in which each person in that range can relate culturally to one another.
- A version of a form of pop culture which differs from later or earlier versions.
該当件数 : 49943件
from generation to generation＝generation after generation
代々, 世々(引き続いて). - 研究社 新英和中辞典
the generation before the modern generation, called pre-modern generation
近代以前の時代 - EDR日英対訳辞書
今の代 - EDR日英対訳辞書