|Fínders (are) kéepers||the Kéeper of the Prívy Séal|
- One who keeps something.
- (informal) A person or thing worth keeping.
- 1970, Field & Stream (volume 75, number 7, page 76)
- 2005, Ladies' Home Journal, Volume 122, Issues 7-12, page 101,
- 2008, Jennifer Zomar, A Candle for the Children, page 28,
- A person charged with guarding or caring for, storing, or maintaining something; a custodian, a guard; sometimes a gamekeeper.
- (sports) The player charged with guarding a goal or wicket. Short form of goalkeeper, wicketkeeper.
2011 June 4, Phil McNulty, “England 2 - 2 Switzerland”, in BBC:
- England should have capitalised on their growing momentum to win, but Darren Bent failed to reproduce the finishing touches that have brought him goals in three successive appearances. He was blocked by Diego Benaglio when he was played in by Wilshere then blazed over the top of an open goal late on after Young's shot was saved by Switzerland's keeper.
- A part of a mechanism that catches or retains another part, for example the part of a door lock that fits in the frame and receives the bolt.
- (米国用法 football) An offensive play in which the quarterback runs toward the goal with the ball after it is snapped.
- One who remains or keeps in a place or position.
- Bible, Titus ii. 5
- 1971, H. R. F. Keating, The Strong Man
- A fruit or vegetable that keeps for some time without spoiling.
- brothel keeper
該当件数 : 656件
|Copyright (c) 1995-2017 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.|
|All Rights Reserved, Copyright © Japan Science and Technology Agency|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright © 2017 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
|Copyright © 2017 Cross Language Inc. All Right Reserved.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのkeeper (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|