|the nóon of níght|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/12/08 22:16 UTC 版)
- (obsolete) The ninth hour of the day counted from sunrise; around three o'clock in the afternoon.
- Time of day when the sun is in its zenith; twelve o'clock in the day, midday.
- (obsolete) The corresponding time in the middle of the night; midnight.
- (figuratively) The highest point; culmination.
- To relax or sleep around midday
- 1906, Andy Adams, The Double Trail
- 1889, Mark Twain, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court Chapter XX
- 1853, Theodore Winthrop, The Canoe and the Saddle
- We presently turned just aside from the trail into an episode of beautiful prairie, one of a succession along the plateau at the crest of the range. At this height of about five thousand feet, the snows remain until June. In this fair, oval, forest-circled prairie of my nooning, the grass was long and succulent, as if it grew in the bed of a drained lake.
該当件数 : 359件
正午に. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
正午 - EDR日英対訳辞書
正午に - EDR日英対訳辞書