|on [òff] the páyroll|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/05/22 19:29 UTC 版)
- A list of employees who receive salary or wages, together with the amounts due to each.
- The total sum of money paid to employees.
- (computing) The series of accounting transactions that ensure that employees are paid correctly, and that all taxes etc are properly deducted; the department in a company responsible for it.
- (euphemistic) Bribes paid to people
- 1957: I know that the deal started with the boys in Santiago, because they've been on the d'Anconia pay roll for centuries — well, no, 'pay roll' is an honorable word, it would be more exact to say that d'Anconia Copper has been paying them protection money for centuries — isn't that what your gangsters call it? - Francisco dAnconia, Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand.
- 1972: We can spread a rumor this cop was dirty. Look, Tom, we have newspaper people on the payroll, don't we? - Michael Corleone, The Godfather, Twentieth Century Fox.
該当件数 : 11件
A can be used for the bank transfer of payroll.
Ａは給与の銀行振込に使用することができる。 - Weblio Email例文集
My main duty is doing payroll.
私の主な業務は給与計算です。 - Weblio Email例文集
He is still on the payroll of the company.
彼はまだその会社に雇われている。 - Tanaka Corpus