pick [look] up
pick up (ground)
Pickup (music technology)
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2017/04/20 00:26 UTC 版)
- (transitive) To lift; to grasp and raise.
- (transitive) To collect an object, especially in passing.
- 1909, Archibald Marshall, The Squire's Daughter, chapterII:
- "I don't want to spoil any comparison you are going to make," said Jim, "but I was at Winchester and New College." ¶ "That will do," said Mackenzie. "I was dragged up at the workhouse school till I was twelve. Then I ran away and sold papers in the streets, and anything else that I could pick up a few coppers by—except steal. […]"
- (transitive または intransitive) To clean up; to return to an organized state.
- 1967, Beverly Cleary, Mitch and Amy, 2009 HarperCollins edition, ISBN 9780688108069, p.28:
- (transitive) To collect a passenger.
- (transitive) To collect and detain (a suspect).
- (intransitive) To improve, increase, or speed up.
- (intransitive) To restart or resume.
- (transitive) To learn, to grasp; to begin to understand.
- (transitive) To receive (a radio signal または the like).
- (transitive かつ intransitive with on, by extension) To notice, detect or discern, often used with "on".
- (transitive) To point out (a person's behaviour, habits, または actions) in a critical manner.
- (transitive かつ intransitive with on) To meet and seduce somebody for romantic purposes, especially in a social situation.
2016 May 23, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, “Apocalypse pits the strengths of the X-Men series against the weaknesses”, in The Onion AV Club:
- (transitive または intransitive) To answer a telephone. See pick up the phone.
- To pay for.
- To reduce the despondency of.
- To take control (physically) of something.
- (soccer) To mark, to defend against an opposition player by following them closely.
- To record, to notch up.
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2016/09/19 14:18 UTC 版)
- An electronic device for detecting sound, vibration, etc., such as one fitted to an electric guitar or record player.
- (US, Canada) A pickup truck.
- (usually attributive) Impromptu or ad hoc, especially of sports games.
- Rather than join a basketball league, James decided to play pick up.
- At lunch we had a game of pickup hockey.
- An instance of approaching someone and engaging in romantic flirtation and courting with the intent to pursue romance, a date, or a sexual encounter. See also pick-up line, pick-up joint, pickup artist.
- (sports) In various games, the fielding or hitting of a ball just after it strikes the ground.
2011 June 28, David Ornstein, “Wimbledon 2011: Victoria Azarenka beats Tamira Paszek in quarters”, in BBC Sport:
- (video games) An item that can be picked up by the player, conferring some benefit or effect; a power-up.
- 1991, James Leach, Turrican II (video game review) in Your Sinclair issue 69
- 2002, Acclaim Entertainment, Turok Evolution: The official strategy guide (page 73)
- (US, Canada) The act of a challenging party or candidate winning an electoral district held by an incumbent party or candidate. See also gain
- The act of answering a telephone.
- (film) A relatively minor shot filmed or recorded after the fact to augment previous footage.
- The act of collecting and taking away something or someone, usually in a vehicle. The time the act occurs.
- Finnish: pick-up
- French: pick-up m, pickup m
- German: Pickup m
- Indonesian: pikap
- Japanese: ピックアップ (pikkuappu)
- Khmer: ភីកអាប់ (pʰiik’ap), ពីកឺប (piikəɨp)
- Korean: 픽업 (pigeop)
- Portuguese: picape f
- Russian: пика́п m (pikáp)
- Spanish: pickup f (Latin America), picop m (Guatemala)
- Thai: ปิคอัพ (bpìk-àp)
該当件数 : 1155件
|Copyright (c) 1995-2017 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.|
|All Rights Reserved, Copyright © Japan Science and Technology Agency|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright(C)2002-2017 National Institute of Information and Communications Technology. All Rights Reserved.|
|Copyright © 2017 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
|Copyright © 2017 Cross Language Inc. All Right Reserved.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのpick up (改訂履歴)、pick-up (改訂履歴)、pickup (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。