【不可算名詞】 【医学】 歯垢(しこう).
|出典：北里大学医療衛生学部 医療情報学研究室編集 医学用語集|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/07/14 00:59 UTC 版)
Borrowing from French plaque, derivative of plaquer (“to plate”), from Middle Dutch placken (“to patch, beat metal into a thin plate”), from placke (“disk, patch, stain”), from Old Dutch *plagga (“patch”), from Proto-Germanic *plaggą (“patch”). Cognate with Middle Low German placke, plagge (“small stain, scraps, rags, thin grass”), German Placken (“spot, patch”), Eastern Frisian plak, plakke (“a blow, slap”), Swedish plagg (“clothing, garment”). See plack.
- Any flat, thin piece of metal, clay, ivory, or the like, used for ornament, or for painting pictures upon, as a slab, plate, dish, or the like, hung upon a wall; also, a smaller decoration worn on the person, as a brooch.
- A piece of flat metal with a writing on it, attached to a building to remind people of a person or an event
- (uncountable) An accumulation of biofilm, or bacteria on teeth.
- (uncountable, medicine) Atheroma, an accumulation in artery walls made up of macrophage cells and debris containing lipids, (cholesterol かつ fatty acids), calcium, and connective tissue.
2013 July-August, Stephen P. Lownie, David M. Pelz, “Stents to Prevent Stroke”, American Scientist:
- As we age, the major arteries of our bodies frequently become thickened with plaque, a fatty material with an oatmeal-like consistency that builds up along the inner lining of blood vessels. The reason plaque forms isn’t entirely known, but it seems to be related to high levels of cholesterol inducing an inflammatory response, which can also attract and trap more cellular debris over time.
- (biology) A clearing in a bacterial lawn caused by a virus.
該当件数 : 411件
the ornamental plate used as a plaque
額として用いる絵皿 - EDR日英対訳辞書
a plaque upon which literature is written
文章を書いた額 - EDR日英対訳辞書
Plaque is a kind of biofilm.
歯垢もバイオフィルムの１種です。 - Weblio英語基本例文集