|but thén (agáin)||(èvery) nów and thén|
|thén and thére＝thére and thén|
|to-||指示代名詞を表す印欧語根（that, the, thisなど）。tandemなどの由来として、「とうとう」「この程度で」。|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/01/13 22:39 UTC 版)
From Middle English then(ne), than(ne), from 古期英語 þonne, þanne, þænne (“then, at that time”), from Proto-Germanic *þan-, *þana- (“at that (time), then”), from Proto-Indo-European *to- (“demonstrative pronoun”). Cognate with Dutch dan (“then”), German dann (“then”), Icelandic þá (“then”). Related to than.
- (temporal location) At that time.
- Bible, Genesis xii. 6
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 1, The Celebrity:
- In the old days, to my commonplace and unobserving mind, he gave no evidences of genius whatsoever. He never read me any of his manuscripts, […], and therefore my lack of detection of his promise may in some degree be pardoned. But he had then none of the oddities and mannerisms which I hold to be inseparable from genius, and which struck my attention in after days when I came in contact with the Celebrity.
- (temporal location) Soon afterward.
- He fixed it, then left.
- Turn left, then right, then right again, then keep going until you reach the service station.
- Bible, Matthew v. 24
- 1913, Joseph C. Lincoln, chapter 1, Mr. Pratt's Patients:
- Then there came a reg'lar terror of a sou'wester same as you don't get one summer in a thousand, and blowed the shanty flat and ripped about half of the weir poles out of the sand. We spent consider'ble money getting 'em reset, and then a swordfish got into the pound and tore the nets all to slathers, right in the middle of the squiteague season.
- (sequence) Next in order; in addition.
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 5, The Celebrity:
- 2013 July 19, Peter Wilby, “Finland spreads word on schools”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 30:
- (conjunctive) In that case.
- (sequence) At the same time; on the other hand.
- (obsolete) At the time that; when.
- 1485, Sir Thomas Malory, Le Morte d'Arthur, Book I.23, reprinted 1817, Sir Thomas Malory, William Caxton, Morte d'Arthur: The Byrth, Lyf, and Actes of Kyng Arthur, Volume 1, page 37:
- (英国用法, 方言, affirmation) Used to contradict an assertion.
出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/02/07 06:30 UTC 版)
該当件数 : 49938件
I'll see you then.
またね。 - Weblio Email例文集
ではでは - Weblio Email例文集
そのころ - EDR日英対訳辞書