出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/11/13 19:19 UTC 版)
- (Canada, 米国用法, informal, possibly nonstandard) Alternative spelling of
1996 December, Joe Hastreiter, “Sludge Management Savings Found Among Reeds”, Water Engineering & Management, volume 143, number 12, Scranton Gillette Communications, page 23:
2004 December 22, Winter, “Toward an Understanding of "Genetic Sociology" and Its Relationships to Medical Sociology and Medical Genetics in the Educational Enterprise.”, Education, volume 125, number 2, Project Innovation, Inc., ISSN 0013-1172, page 222-235:
2010 January, Winter, David Martinez, “Pulling Down the Clouds: The O'odham Intellectual Tradition during the "Time of Famine"”, American Indian Quarterly, volume 34, number 1, University of Nebraska Press, ISSN 0095-182X, page 1-32:
2011, Fancine N. D'Aprile, From Hell on Earth to the Foot of the Cross, Trafford Publishing, ISBN 9781426966132, page 157:
- (regional または dialectical) Eye dialect spelling of through.
- Thru is mostly used where the preposition through could be used (e.g. Monday thru Friday); it is less common as an adjective or adverb (I'm thru with the vacuuming). It is less used in formal situations, except in cases where brevity is wanted such as roadway signs or date ranges.
- This spelling is not used in standard British English, though it can be used as an abbreviation – similar to thro' that's still sometimes seen – and is recently becoming noticeable via American-based companies. It may also be used as an eye dialect spelling in some regions.
- It is often – in both American and British English – used in professional drafting (5/8″ thru hole) to save space and simplify annotation on a drawing for fabrication or construction.
該当件数 : 111件
(a) reformed spelling
改良綴字 《through の代わりに thru を用いるなど簡単にしたもの》. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
The amount of zinc in solid solution should preferably be 0.7×10-2 thru 7.4×10-2 mol per one mol nickel oxy-hydroxide.
亜鉛の固溶量は、オキシ水酸化ニッケル１モル当たり０．７×１０^-2〜７．４×１０^-2モルが好ましい。 - 特許庁
The second- thru fifth-generation holders of the name Kanjuro FUJIMA were women, and as such did not perform their choreography on stage.
2代目から5代目までは女性で劇場振付けを行なわなかった。 - Wikipedia日英京都関連文書対訳コーパス