- Eagles catch no flies.
- Eagles do not breed doves.
- Eagles don’t catch flies.
- Early rain and a woman's tears are soon over.
- Early ripe, early rotten.
- Early sow, early mow.
- Early to bed and early to rise, make a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
- Easier said than done.
- Easy come, easy go.
- Eat to live; do not live to eat.
- Eavesdroppers never hear any good of themselves.
- Else the wine will burst the skins, and the wine perishes and the skins.
- Empty vessels make the most sound.
- Enough is as good as a feast.
- Even a worm will turn.
- Even Homer sometimes nods.
- Every ass likes to hear itself bray.
- Every bird likes its own nest best.
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- Every cock crows on his own dunghill.
- Every cock is bold on his own dunghill.
- Every crow thinks its own bird bonniest.
- Every dog has his day.
- Every extremity is a vice.
- Every family has a skeleton in the cupboard.
- Every flow must have its ebb.
- Every Jack has his Jill.
- Every Jack must have his Jill.
- Every land has its own law.
- Every law has a loophole.
- Every little helps.
- Every man for himself, and the devil take the hindmost.
- Every man has his faults.
- Every man has his price.
- Every man has his weak side.
- Every man has the defects of his own virtues.
- Every man is his own worst enemy.
- Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
- Every man to his taste.
- Every medal has two sides.
- Every miller draws water to his own mill.
- Every oak must be an acorn.
- Every rule has its exception.
- Every tub must stand on its own bottom.
- Every why has a wherefore.
- Everybody loves a lord.
- Everybody's business is nobody's business.
- Everyone speaks well of the bridge which carries him over.
- Everyone stretches his legs according to the length of his coverlet.
- Everyone to his taste.
- Everything comes to him who waits.
- Everything has an end.
- Everything is good in its season.
- Everything must have a beginning.
- Everything will turn out for the best.
- Evil be to him who evil thinks.
- Example is better than precept.
- Expectation is better than realization.
- Experience is a good teacher.
- Experience is the best teacher.
- Experience is the father of wisdom and memory the mother.
- Experience is the father of wisdom.
- Experience is the mother of knowledge.
- Experience is the mother of wisdom.
- Experience is the teacher of fools.
- Experience without learning is better than learning without experience.
- Extremes meet.