- Fact is stranger than fiction.
- Failure teaches success.
- Faint heart never won fair lady.
- Fair face is half a portion.
- Fair face, foul heart.
- Fair is foul, and foul is fair.
- Fair without, foul within.
- Faith will move mountains.
- Familiarity breeds contempt.
- Fancy may kill or cure.
- Far fowls have fair feathers.
- Far from eye, far from heart.
- Far from Jupiter, far from thunder.
- Feed a cold and starve a fever.
- Few words are best.
- Fields have eyes, and woods have ears.
- Fight fire with fire.
- Fine clothes do not make gentlemen.
- Fine clothes make the man.
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
- Fine words butter no parsnips.
- Fire is a good servant but a bad master.
- First catch your hare.
- First come, first served.
- First impressions are most lasting.
- First thrive and then wive.
- Fish and guests stink after three days.
- Fish where the fish are.
- Flatterers look like friends, as wolves like dogs.
- Fling dirt enough and some will stick.
- Flow of words is not always flow of wisdom.
- Flowers leave fragrance in the hand that bestows them.
- Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
- Fools ask questions that wise men cannot answer.
- Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
- Footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down.
- For the busy man time passes quickly.
- For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
- For want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse was lost; and for want of a horse the man was lost.
- For want of a nail the shoe was lost; for want of a shoe the horse was lost; and for want of a horse the rider was lost.
- Forbid a thing, and that women will do.
- Forbidden fruit is sweetest.
- Forewarned is forearmed.
- Forgive and forget.
- Fortune favors fools.
- Fortune favors the bold.
- Fortune knocks at least once at every man's gate.
- Four eyes see more than two.
- Friends agree best at a distance.
- From the sublime to the ridiculous is but a step.
- From the sublime to the ridiculous is only a step.
- From the sweetest wine, the tartest vinegar.
- From word to deed is a great space.
- Full of courtesy, full of craft.