- Laugh and get fat.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
- Laughter is the best medicine.
- Lay up against a rainy day.
- Lay up for a rainy day.
- Learn to walk before you run.
- Learn wisdom by the follies of others.
- Least said, soonest mended.
- Leave no stones unturned.
- Lend your money and lose your friend.
- Let bygones be bygones.
- Let every man praise the bridge he goes over.
- Let him that would be happy for a day, go to the barber; for a week, marry a wife; for a month, buy him a new horse; for a year, build him a new house; for all his lifetime, be an honest man.
- Let not your wits go wool-gathering.
- Let sleeping dogs lie.
- Let the buyer beware.
- Let the cobbler stick to his last.
- Let the dead bury the dead.
- liar is not believed when he speaks the truth.
- Liars should have good memories.
- Life begins at forty.
- Life is but an empty dream.
- Life is not all beer and skittles.
- Life is short and time is swift.
- Life is sweet.
- Life is what you make it.
- Light come, light go.
- Lightly come, lightly go.
- Lightning never strikes twice in the same place.
- Like attracts like.
- Like breeds like.
- Like cures like.
- Like father, like son.
- Like master, like man.
- Like mother, like daughter.
- Like question, like answer.
- Like will to like.
- Listeners never hear any good of themselves.
- Little and often fills the purse.
- Little by little and bit by bit.
- Little fish are sweet.
- Little head great wit.
- Little heads may contain much learning.
- Little pitchers have long ears.
- Little strokes fell great oaks.
- Little thieves are hanged, but great ones escape.
- Little things please little minds.
- Live and learn.
- Live and let live.
- Live by the sword, die by the sword.
- Live every day as though it were last.
- Long absence alters affection.
- Long life has long misery.
- Look before you leap.
- Look on both sides of the shield.
- Lookers-on see most of the game.
- Love and a cough cannot be hid.
- Love and knowledge live not together.
- Love begets love.
- Love hides ugliness.
- Love is a flower which turns into fruit at marriage.
- Love is blind.
- Love is sweet in the beginning but sour in the ending.
- Love is the reward of love.
- Love laughs at locksmiths.
- Love makes the world go round.
- Love me little, love me long.
- Love me, love my dog.
- Love sees no faults.
- Love speaks, even when the lips are closed.
- Love will find a way.
- Love your friend, but look to yourself.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Love your neighbor, yet pull not down your fence.