- Wake not a sleeping lion.
- Walls have ears.
- Walnuts and pears you plant for your heirs.
- Want is the mother of industry.
- Want of money, want of comfort.
- Wanton kittens make sober cats.
- Waste not, want not.
- Water is a boon in the desert, but the drowning man curses it.
- Water seeks its own level.
- We are all Adam's children.
- We are all slaves of opinion.
- We can’t put new wine in old bottles.
- We may not expect a good whelp from an ill dog.
- We must learn to walk before we can run.
- We soon believe what we desire.
- Wealth makes the man.
- Wedlock is a padlock.
- Well begun is half done.
- What can you expect from a hog but a grunt?
- What can you expect from a pig but a grunt?
- What can't be cured must be endured.
- What costs little is little esteemed.
- What everybody says must be true.
- What goes up must come down.
- What is a workman without his tools?
- What is bred in the bone will never come out of the flesh.
- What is done cannot be undone.
- What is learned in the cradle is carried to the grave.
- What is the good of a sundial in the shade?
- What man has done, man can do.
- What may be done at any time is done at no time.
- What must be, must be.
- What one loses on the swings one makes gains on the roundabouts.
- What one loses on the swings one makes up on the roundabouts.
- What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals.
- What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over.
- What the heart thinks, the tongue speaks.
- What will be, will be.
- What will Mrs Grundy say?
- What you don't know can't hurt you.
- What you don't know won't hurt you.
- What you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabouts.
- What you’ve never had you never miss.
- Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well.
- Whatever man has done, man can do.
- Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
- What’s in a name?
- What’s sauce for a goose is sauce for a gander.
- What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
- When a lady says no, she means perhaps; when she says perhaps, she means yes; when she says yes, she is no lady.
- When all men speak, no man hears.
- When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
- When an ass climbs a ladder, we may find wisdom in women.
- When children stand quiet they have done some ill.
- When fortune smiles, embrace her.
- When Greek meets Greek, then comes the tug of war.
- When I lent I had a friend; when I asked he was unkind.
- When in doubt, do nowt.
- When in doubt, leave out.
- When in Rome do as the Romans do.
- When it rains, it pours.
- When love is greatest, words are fewest.
- When meat is in, anger is out.
- When one door shuts another opens.
- When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window.
- When shared, joy is doubled and sorrow halved.
- When the candles are out, all women are fair.
- When the cat is away, the mice will play.
- When the face is fair, the heart must be gentle.
- When the heaven falls, we shall catch larks.
- When the sky falls, we shall have larks.
- When the wolf comes in at the door, love creeps out of the window.
- When the word is out it belongs to another.
- When thieves fall out, honest men come by their own.
- When things are at the worst they begin to mend.
- When you tread on nine daisies at once, spring has come.
- Where bees are, there is honey.
- Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
- Where there is a will, there is a way.
- Where there's muck there's brass.
- Where there's smoke, there's fire.
- Where your will is ready, your feet are light.
- Whether the pitcher strikes the stone, or the stone the pitcher, it is bad for the pitcher.
- While the word is in your mouth, it is your own: when it is once spoken it is another's.
- While there is life there is hope.
- While two dogs are fighting for a bone, a third runs away with it.
- Who chatters to you, will chatter of you.
- Who has a woman has an eel by the tail.
- Who is worse shod than the shoemaker's wife?
- Who keeps company with the wolf will learn to howl.
- Who knows most, speaks least.
- Who repairs not his gutters repairs his whole house.
- Who spits against heaven, it falls in his face.
- Who spits against the wind, it falls in his face.
- Who will bell the cat?
- Who won’t be ruled by the rudder must be ruled by the rock.
- Whom the gods love die young.
- Whom we love best, to them we can say least.