出典:Wikipedia
出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/02/16 13:10 UTC 版)
Copperfields Mine, originally known as Temagami Mine, is an abandoned underground and surface mine on Temagami Island in Lake Temagami that opened in 1954 in a sulfide ore body. Situated in Phyllis Township, the mine produced 34,000,000 dollars Canadian with 80 million pounds of copper, 230,028 ounces of silver and 13,271 ounces of gold. It was considered to mine the purest copper ore in Canada. The mine closed in 1972 and is now flooded by water. Ruins of the Copperfields mill are present as fountains. It is possible to find ores and minerals in the scrap heaps of the old mine such as chalcopyrite, pyrite, bornite, malachite, dolomite, hessite, merenskyite, millerite, palladium, quartz and other minerals. The Lake Temagami Access Road was created to ship ore from the mine site.