ウィキペディア英語版

出典:Wikipedia

Pidkamin

出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/01/27 12:14 UTC 版)

英語による解説

ウィキペディア英語版からの引用
引用

The village takes its name (translatable into English as "below the rock") from an inselberg called the "Devil's Rock", which is located on an adjacent hill. Pidkamin became known for a Dominican monastery. It was first established by twelve monks from a monastery established by Saint Hyacinth in Kiev who were forced to flee from the city when it was ravaged by Mongols (in 1240). They were martyred by Tatars in 1245, however the monastery was reestablished in 1464 by the Latin Archbishop of Lviv Gregory of Sanok. During the 17th century a fortified abbey was constructed. Pidkamin hosted a miraculous icon of the Blessed Virgin Mary (a copy of the famous Protectress of the Roman People from the Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica in Rome), crowned in 1727 by the Latin Rite bishop of Lutsk Stefan Rupniewski, assisted by other Roman and Greek Catholic bishops, with a crown conferred by Pope Benedict XIII. After the region came under Austrian rule in 1772 the monastery suffered from the policies of Emperor Joseph II, and although saved by the emperor's death, it never regained its former significance. In 1915, Pidkamin was largely destroyed by Russian artillery. The icon was again crowned in 1927 by the Latin Rite Metropolitan of Lviv Bolesław Twardowski and in 1959 by the Cardinal Primate of Poland Stefan Wyszyński.

調べた例文を記録して、効率よく覚えましょう
Weblio会員無料で登録できます
履歴機能 過去に調べた単語を確認できる
語彙力診断 診断回数が4回に増加
マイ単語帳 便利な学習機能付き
マイ例文帳 文章で意味を理解できる

閲覧履歴

pidkaminのページの著作権