- Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.
- Take heed of the snake in the grass.
- Take not a musket to kill a butterfly.
- Take the bitter with the sweet.
- Take the bull by the horns.
- Take the rough with the smooth.
- Take the sweet with the sour.
- Take the will for the deed.
- Take things as they come.
- Take things as you find them.
- Take time by the forelock.
- Talk is cheap.
- Talk of angel and you will hear the fluttering of its wings.
- Talk of the devil and he is bound to appear.
- Talk of the devil and he is sure to appear.
- Tastes differ.
- Tell the truth and shame the devil.
- Temperance is the best physic.
- That's the way the ball bounces.
- That's the way the cookie crumbles.
- That’s life.
- The absent are always in the wrong.
- The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
- The apples on the other side of the wall are the sweetest.
- The arrow shot upright falls on the shooter's head.
- The bait hides the hook.
- The balance distinguishes not between gold and lead.
- The beaten road is the safest.
- The best advice is found on the pillow.
- The best carpenter makes the fewest chips.
- The best defense is a good offense.
- The best fish swim near the bottom.
- The best is often the enemy of the good.
- The best of friends must part.
- The best things are hard to come by.
- The best things come in small packages.
- The bigger the man, the better the mark.
- The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
- The bigger, the better.
- The biter is sometimes bit.
- The boughs that bear most hang lowest.
- The bread always falls on the buttered side.
- The bread never falls but on its buttered side
- The burnt child dreads the fire.
- The chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
- The child is father of the man.
- The cobbler's wife goes the worst shod.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.
- The cow that's first up, gets the first of the dew.
- The cowl does not make the monk.
- The crow thinks her own bird fairest.
- The customer is always right.
- The darkest hour is that before the dawn.
- The deed comes back upon the doer.
- The dependent is timid.
- The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
- The devil finds work for idle hands to do.
- The devil is not so black as he is painted.
- The devil looks after his own.
- The devil take the hindmost.
- The devil's children have the devil's luck.
- The dog that fetches, will carry.
- The dog that will fetch a bone will carry a bone.
- The end crowns all.
- The end crowns the work.
- The end justifies the means.
- The exception proves the rule.
- The eye is bigger than the belly.
- The eye of a master does more work than both his hands.
- The eyes are the window of the heart.
- The eyes are the window of the soul.
- The eyes have one language everywhere.
- The face is the index of the heart.
- The face is the index of the mind.
- The fairer paper, the fouler the blot.
- The fairest flowers soonest fade.
- The fairest rose is at last withered.
- The fairest silk is soonest stained.
- The family that prays together stays together.
- The farthest way round is the nearest way home.
- The female of the species is more deadly than the male.
- The fire which lights us at a distance will burn us when near.
- The first blow is half the battle.
- The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them.
- The first step is always the hardest.
- The fish always stinks from the head downwards.
- The fish will soon be caught that nibbles at every bait.
- The foremost dog catches the hare.
- The gods send nuts to those who have no teeth.
- The golden age was never the present age.
- The golden mean is best.
- The grapes are sour.
- The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
- The greater the sinner, ther greater the saint.
- The greater the truth, the greater the libel.
- The greatest hate springs from the greatest love.
- The greatest talkers are the least doers.
- The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.