- Bad money drives out good.
- Bad news travels fast.
- Barking dogs never bite.
- Barking dogs seldom bite.
- Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.
- Be just before you are generous.
- Beauty and folly go often in company.
- Beauty and honesty seldom agree.
- Beauty and wisdom seldom agree.
- Beauty draws more than oxen.
- Beauty draws with a single hair.
- Beauty fades like a flower.
- Beauty is but skin deep.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
- Beauty is only skin deep.
- Beauty opens locked doors.
- Because is a woman's reason.
- Bees that have honey in their mouths have stings in their tails.
- Beggars can not be choosers.
- Beggars must not be choosers.
- Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.
- Best to bend while it is a twig.
- Better a big fish in a little pond than a little fish in a big pond.
- Better an egg today than a hen tomorrow.
- Better are small fish than an empty dish.
- Better be a cock for a day than a hen for a year.
- Better be alone than bad company.
- Better be an open enemy than a false friend.
- Better be first in the village than second at Rome.
- Better be safe than sorry.
- Better be still single than ill married.
- Better be sure than sorry.
- Better be the head of a dog than the tail of a horse.
- Better be the head of a dog than the tail of a lion.
- Better be the head of a pike than the tail of a sturgeon.
- Better be the head of an ass than the tail of a dragon.
- Better be the head of the yeoman than the tail of the gentry.
- Better be the head of the yeomanry than the tail of the gentry.
- Better be the tail of a horse than the head of an ass.
- Better be the tail of lions than the head of foxes.
- Better bend than break.
- Better bow than break.
- Better late than never.
- Better ride on an ass that carries me than a horse that throws me.
- Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.
- Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- Better to have than wish.
- Better to rule than be ruled by the rout.
- Between two stools you fall to the ground.
- Beware of a silent dog and still water.
- Beware of a silent man and still water.
- Birds are entangled by their feet, and men by their tongues.
- Birds in their little nests agree.
- Birds of a feather flock together.
- Birth is much but breeding is more.
- Black cows give white milk.
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
- Blessings brighten as they take their flight.
- Blood is thicker than water.
- Blood will have blood.
- Blood will tell.
- Blue are the faraway hills.
- Blue are the hills that are far away.
- Books and friends should be few but good.
- Born on the wrong side of the blanket
- Born with a silver spoon in one's mouth
- Boys will be boys.
- Boys, be ambitious.
- Bread is better than the songs of birds.
- Bread is the staff of life.
- Brevity is the soul of wit.
- Burn not your house to fright the mouse away.
- Busiest men find the most time.
- By doing nothing we learn to do ill.