Foetal death rate
The expression foetal mortality 1 is used for deaths prior to the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of a product of conception (602-6) irrespective of the duration of pregnancy (603-3). The terms intra-uterine mortality 1 or mortality in utero 1 may also be used. The corresponding deaths are called foetal deaths 2 or intra-uterine deaths 2. Early foetal mortality 3 occurs before the twentieth week of gestational life, while intermediate foetal mortality 4 occurs between the twentieth and the 28th week of gestation. After the twenty-eighth week, one refers to late foetal mortality 5 and the product is called a late foetal death 5 or, popularly, a stillbirth 5. Perinatal mortality 6 includes late foetal mortality and a portion of infant mortality that may include either early neo-natal deaths, or all neo-natal deaths.
- 1. Foetal - also spelled fetal.
- 2. Also designated as pregnancy wastage. These terms include abortions (603-5), miscarriages (604-1) and stillbirths.
- 3. Early foetal deaths are also popularly known as miscarriages.
- 5. Stillbirth, n. - stillborn, adj. In certain countries, including France, children born alive who died before registration may be legally included among the stillborn, and are called false stillbirths.
- 6. The corresponding deaths are called perinatal deaths.
「Foetal death rate」のお隣キーワード