該当件数 : 170件
- (all 廃れた用法): cobbarde, cobbourd, coberde, cobord, copbord, copborde, copbourd, copbourde, copburd, copburde, couborde, cowbard, cubbard, cubbarde, cubberd, cubbert, cubboard, cubboorde, cubbord, cubborde, cupbert, cupbard, cupboarde, cupboord, cupbord, cupborde, cupbourd, cupbourde, cupburd, cupburde, cuppord, cupporde
From Middle English cuppeborde, cupbord. Equivalent to cup + board. Phonetic variants show that the /p/ in the original forms had assimilated to the present-day /b/ by the 16th century; the etymological spelling has, however, dominated from the 18th century.
- (obsolete) A board or table used to openly hold and display silver plate and other dishware; a sideboard; a buffet. [14th–18th c.]
- (obsolete) Things displayed on a sideboard; dishware, particularly valuable plate. [16th–19th c.]
- a. 1529, John Skelton, Why Come Ye Nat to Courte?; published in John Skelton; Alexander Dyce, The Poetical Works of John Skelton: With Notes, and Some Account of the Author and His Writings, by the Rev. Alexander Dyce. In Two Volumes., volume II, London: Thomas Rodd, Great Newport Street, 1843, OCLC 733571702, page 54, lines 897–904:
- A cabinet, closet, or other piece of furniture with shelves intended for storing cookware, dishware, or food; similar cabinets or closets used for storing other items.
- 1530 July 18, Iohan Palſgrave, Leſclarciſſement de la langue francoyſe […] , London: Richard Pynſon, Iohan Haukyns, OCLC 68807038, page 211; reprinted as L'éclaircissement de la langue française par Jean Palsgrave […] , Paris: Imprimerie nationale, 1852:
- 1814 May 1, “Minimus” [pseudonym], “Fine Arts”, in The Satirist, or Monthly Meteor, volume XIV, number 18 (New Series), London: Printed for Samuel Tipper by T. Gillet, OCLC 50520355, page 417:
- 1980, Lynne Reid Banks, “Thirty Scalps”, in The Indian in the Cupboard, London: J. M. Dent, →ISBN:
- As he had figured it out so far, the cupboard, or the key, or both together, brought plastic things to life, or if they were already alive, turned them into plastic. There were a lot of questions to be answered, though. Did it only work with plastic? Would, say, wooden or metal figures also come to life if shut up in the cupboard?
- (obsolete) Things stored in a cupboard; particularly food.
- c. 1665, Roxburghe Ballads; published as J[oseph] W[oodfall] Ebsworth, editor, The Roxburghe Ballads: Illustrating the Last Years of the Stuarts, volume VI, Hertford: Printed for the Ballad Society by S. Austin and Sons, 1871–1899, OCLC 13767296, page 529, lines 26–30:
- (furniture used to display tableware): see sideboard
- (kitchen または dining-room closet): see pantry, larder
- (storage built into a wall): see closet
- (storage built onto a wall): see cabinet
- (furniture used for general storage): press (Irish & Scots), wardrobe (英国用法), closet (regional 米国用法)
- To collect, as into a cupboard; to hoard. [from 16th century.]
- 1613, William Shakespeare, “The Tragedy of Coriolanus”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies, London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, Act I, scene i, pages 1–2:
- There was a time, when all the bodies members / Rebell'd againſt the Belly; thus accus'd it: / That onely like a Gulfe it did remaine / I'th midd'ſt a th'body, idle and vnactiue, / Still cubbording the Viand, neuer bearing / Like labour with the reſt, where th'other Inſtruments / Did ſee, and heare, deuiſe, inſtruct, walke, feele, / And mutually participate, did miniſter / Vnto the appetite; […]
該当件数 : 170件
|Copyright (c) 1995-2021 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.|
|All Rights Reserved, Copyright © Japan Science and Technology Agency|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright(C)2002-2021 National Institute of Information and Communications Technology. All Rights Reserved.|
|Copyright © 2021 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
|Copyright © 2021 Cross Language Inc. All Right Reserved.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのcupboard (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|