information + -ism. This word and informationist (one who practices informationism) are first known to have arisen in the work of a group of Scottish poets in the 1994 book Contraflow on the SuperHighway.
- A significant ideology that information has power when disseminated.
- The use of information as a weapon.
- The act of countering government propaganda.
- The act of undermining advertising.
- Commitment to the idea that the world is fundamentally composed of, supervenes upon, or reduces to, information of some kind .
- Commitment to the truth of one or another form of informational ontology or informational metaphysics .
- A primary aesthetic quality of the literary and/or fictional works belonging to the literary subgenre (of science fiction) called informationist science fiction, and a primary aesthetic disposition of the authors of those works or texts. Commonly included in the corpus of informationist science fiction literature are such texts as Samuel R. Delany's Babel 17, and Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep
- 2018. Informationism. 
- I mentioned and briefly outlined informationism (of a very specific kind) about mathematical entities and structures. I contrasted my view of structure as an ontic primitive with the structural realist views of Ladyman and Ross (who hold a physico-statisticalist position according to which structures are relations) and French (whose position is one of realism about modality as the ontic ground of the relations constituting structure) and provided a naturalised conception of representations." . p 71
- 2009. Informationism. 
- In science, informationism involves the implicit recognition of information as a natural as well as a man-made commodity, and the conception of information as a substantive, quantifiable, empirically verifiable entity in all natural sciences, as well as a conceptual and theoretic abstracta for problem solving and elucidation. Scientific informationism is also signified by the increasingly information-centric nature of scientific practice due to advances in digital computer technology and especially software. As Daniel Cordle has observed, Richard Dawkins‘ landmark The Selfish Gene sees gene sequences and DNA as coded information. In The Blind Watchmaker, Dawkins has this to say about life itself from a scientific perspective: "What lies at the heart of every living thing…is information, words, instructions…If you want a metaphor…If you want to understand life, don‘t think about vibrant, throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology." . p 7
- 2009. Informationism. 
- 2006. Kozzmo(blog). Informationism.
- 2004. Habits of the High-Tech Heart, by Quentin Schultze: (ethicsdaily.com/article Book review by Ethics Daily)
- 2000. Heroux, Erick. The Ideology of Information & The Tactics of Literature. (Dissertation Abstract, Nov. 1 2000)
- The informationists (Overview Contraflow on the SuperHighway), by Richard Price. 1993.
- Informationism, In Wikablog.
- blog The Informationist
- website informationism.org
- ^ Price 1993
- ^ Floridi, L. (2008). A Defence of Informational Structural Realism. Synthese, 161(2), 219–253.
- ^ Ladyman, J., & Ross, D. (2013). The world in the data. In Scientific Metaphysics. Oxford University Press, Oxford. Oxford University Press.
- ^ Bueno, O. (2010). Structuralism and Information. Metaphilosophy, 41(3), 365–379.
- ^ Gillies, D. (2010). Informational Realism and World 3. Knowledge, Technology & Policy, 1–18.
- ^ Floridi, L. (2009). Against Digital Ontology. Synthese, 168(1), 151–178.
- ^ Beni, M. D. (2016). Epistemic Informational Structural Realism. Minds and Machines, 26(4), 323–339.
- Long, B. (2018). A Scientific Metaphysical Naturalisation of Information: with a indication-based semantic theory of information and an informationist statement of physicalism. University of Sydney.
- ^ Long, B. (2018). ISR is Still a Digital Ontology. Erkenntnis, 1–16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10670-018-0041-5
- Long, B. R. (2009). Informationist Science Fiction and Informationist Science Fiction Theory (Master of Philosophy Thesis). The University of Sydney. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/2123/5838
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのinformationism (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。