該当件数 : 3件
You see in me a true-born Edokko―a true-bred Edokko―an Edokko born and bred.発音を聞く例文帳に追加
こう見えても水道の水で産湯を使った兄さんだ - 斎藤和英大辞典
He is a true-born Edokko―an Edokko born and bred―an Edokko to the backbone.発音を聞く例文帳に追加
彼は純粋の江戸ッ子だ - 斎藤和英大辞典
true (“genuine, legitimate”) + bred (“past tense of breed”)
true-bred (comparative more true-bred, superlative most true-bred)
- Purebred; genetically pure.
- 2013, Ed James, The Game Cock, →ISBN:
- The Henny strain never breeds a long-tailed cock unless crossed. The contrary has been stated by many persons, but the mistake has arisen from various birds which have not been true-bred Henny, but only the product of some cross; such will, of course, breed both kinds of plumage, but the true-bred Henny never does.
- 2013, The French Bulldog - A Complete Anthology of the Dog, →ISBN:
- Notwithstanding, there is no reason why a toy English bulldog should not be accomplished; but, equally, there is no reason why the true-bred French bulldog should not be preserved in its integrity, and recognised as such by the Kennel Club.
- 1653, Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler: Or, Contemplative Man's Recreation.:
- But there are some covetous rigid persons, whose souls hold no sympathy with those of the innocent Anglers, having either got to be lords of royalties, or owners of lands adjoining to rivers, and these do, by some apted clownish nature and education for the purpose, insult and domineer over the innocent angler, beating him, breaking his Rod, or at least taking it from him, and sometimes imprisoning his person as if he were a Felon: Whereas a true-bred Gentleman scorns those spider-like attempts, and will rather refresh a civil stranger at his Table, than warn him coming on his ground upon so innocent an occasion.
- Of a proper lineage.
- 2013, Philippa Gregory, The White Princess, →ISBN:
- 'I don't know why for sure,' she says. 'But I suppose, if I was Henry's mother, I would not want my child, a pretender, a usurper, king only by right of battle, taking his crown alongside a princess, a true-bred princess of the royal family, beloved of the people, and a beauty. Apart from anything else I would not like how it looked.'
- 1903, Mary Hallock Foote, A Touch of Sun, and Other Stories, page 16:
英和辞典 情報提供元は 参加元一覧 にて確認できます。
|Copyright (c) 1995-2023 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|DBCLS Home Page by DBCLS is licensed under a Creative Commons 表示 2.1 日本 License.|
|Copyright © 2023 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
|Copyright © 2023 Cross Language Inc. All Right Reserved.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのtrue-bred (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。