該当件数 : 1件
From Late Middle English vinous, vinose (“consisting of, containing, または made of wine”), from Latin vīnōsus (“fond of wine; wine-flavoured”), from vīnum (“wine”) + -ōsus (adjective-forming suffix meaning ‘full of, prone to’).
- Pertaining to or having the characteristics of wine.
- 1768, Mr. Yorick [pseudonym; Laurence Sterne], “Preface in the Desobligeant”, in A Sentimental Journey through France and Italy, volume I, London: Printed for T. Becket and P. A. De Hondt, […], OCLC 61680753, pages 29–30:
- The man who firſt tranſplanted the grape of Burgundy to the Cape of Good Hope (obſerve he was a Dutchman) never dreamt of drinking the ſame wine at the Cape, that the ſame grape produced upon the French mountains—he was too phlegmatic for that—but undoubtedly he expected to drink ſome ſort of vinous liquor; [...]
- Involving the use of wine.
- Having the colour of red wine; vinaceous.
- 1853, [Thomas] Mayne Reid, “The Shrike and the Humming-birds”, in The Young Voyageurs, or The Boy Hunters in the North, London: George Routledge and Sons, Limited; New York, N.Y.: E[dward] P[ayson] Dutton and Co., OCLC 858451217, page 268:
- [...] François' quick eye detected the presence of some very small birds moving among the blossoms. They were at once pronounced to be humming-birds, and of that species known as the "ruby-throats" (Trochilus rolubris), so called, because a flake of a beautiful vinous colour under the throat of the males exhibits, in the sun, all the glancing glories of the ruby.
- Tending to drink wine excessively.
- 1869, William Francis Collier, “William Shakspere”, in A History of English Literature, in a Series of Biographical Sketches, London; Edinburgh, New York, N.Y.: T[homas] Nelson and Sons, […], OCLC 9231629, page 146:
- 1898 July 2, “The New Dipsomania”, in Punch, or The London Charivari, volume CXIV, London: Published at the office, 85, Fleet Street, OCLC 732224722, stanza I, page 309:
- 1899 August 25, Raymond Asquith, “Letter to H. T. Baker”, in John Jolliffe, editor, Raymond Asquith: Life and Letters, London: Collins, published 1980, →ISBN:
- 2016, Christopher Chase Walker, The Visitor, Winchester, Hampshire: Cosmic Egg Books, →ISBN:
- Affected by the drinking of wine.
- 1847 January – 1848 July, William Makepeace Thackeray, “James Crawley’s Pipe is Put Out”, in Vanity Fair. A Novel without a Hero, London: Bradbury and Evans, […], published 1848, OCLC 3174108, page 305:
- 1927, Edgar Wallace, “The Honeymoon”, in The Man Who Was Nobody, London: Ward, Lock & Co., OCLC 1056252208; republished Looe, Cornwall: House of Stratus, 2001, →ISBN, page 110:
- 1891, Thomas Hardy, chapter IV, in Tess of the d’Urbervilles: A Pure Woman Faithfully Presented [...] In Three Volumes, volume I, London: James R[ipley] Osgood, McIlvaine and Co., […], OCLC 13623666, phase the first (The Maiden), pages 40–41:
- In a large bedroom upstairs, the window of which was thickly curtained with a great woollen shawl lately discarded by the landlady, Mrs. Rolliver, were gathered on this evening nearly a dozen persons, all seeking vinous bliss; all old inhabitants of the nearer end of Marlott, and frequenters of this retreat.
- (reds) red; blood red, brick red, burgundy, cardinal, carmine, carnation, cerise, cherry, cherry red, Chinese red, cinnabar, claret, crimson, damask, fire brick, fire engine red, flame, flamingo, fuchsia, garnet, geranium, gules, hot pink, incarnadine, Indian red, magenta, maroon, misty rose, nacarat, oxblood, pillar-box red, pink, Pompeian red, poppy, raspberry, red violet, rose, rouge, ruby, ruddy, salmon, sanguine, scarlet, shocking pink, stammel, strawberry, Turkey red, Venetian red, vermillion, vinaceous, vinous, violet red, wine (Category: en:Reds)
|Copyright (c) 1995-2021 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright © 2021 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのvinous (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|