|出典：北里大学医療衛生学部 医療情報学研究室編集 医学用語集|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/04/05 07:27 UTC 版)
From Old French femele, from Medieval Latin femella (“a female”), from Latin femella (“a young female, a girl”), diminutive of femina (“a woman”). The English spelling was remodelled under the influence of male, which is not etymologically related. Compare man and woman.
- Belonging to the sex which typically produces eggs, which in humans and most other mammals is typically the one which has XX chromosomes; belonging to the sex which has larger gametes (for species which have two sexes かつ for which this distinction can be made).
- Belonging to the feminine (social) gender.
- (grammar, less common than 'feminine') Feminine; of the feminine grammatical gender.
- 2012, Naomi McIlwraith, Kiyâm: Poems (ISBN 1926836693), page 43:
- (figuratively) Having an internal socket, as in a connector or pipe fitting.
該当件数 : 10051件
the female sex
女性. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
a female dog
雌犬. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
a female flower
雌花. - 研究社 新英和中辞典