|cráck a críb|
該当件数 : 106件
「sudden infant death syndrome（乳幼児突然死症候群）」、「crib death（寝台死）」とも呼ばれる。 - PDQ®がん用語辞書 英語版
|同義語（エイリアス）||Scrb1; mKIAA0147; Protein LAP4; Scrib1; Scrib; SCRIB1; vartul; Kiaa0147; Protein scribble homolog; AI118201; Crc; scribbled homolog (Drosophila); Lap4; KIAA0147|
From Middle English crib, cribbe, from 古期英語 crib, cryb, cribb, crybb (“couch, bed; manger, stall”), from Proto-Germanic *kribjǭ (“crib, wickerwork”), from Proto-Indo-European *grebʰ-, *gerbʰ- (“bunch, bundle, tuft, clump”), from *ger- (“to turn, twist”).
Cognate with Saterland Frisian creb (“crib”), West Frisian krêbe (“crib”), Dutch krib (“crib, manger”), German Krippe (“rack, crib”), Danish krybbe (“crib”), Icelandic krubba (“crib”). Doublet of crèche. The sense of ‘stealing, taking notes, plagiarize’ seems to have developed out of the verb.
The criminal sense may derive from the 'basket' sense, circa the mid 18th century, in that a poacher could conceal poachings in such a basket (see the 1772 Samuel Foote quotation). The cheating sense probably derives from the criminal sense.
- (US) A baby’s bed with high, often slatted, often moveable sides, suitable for a child who has outgrown a cradle or bassinet.
- (Britain) A bed for a child older than a baby.
- (nautical) A small sleeping berth in a packet ship or other small vessel
- A wicker basket; compare Moses basket.
- A manger, a feeding trough for animals elevated off the earth or floor, especially one for fodder such as hay.
- The baby Jesus and the manger in a creche or nativity scene, consisting of statues of Mary, Joseph and various other characters such as the magi.
- A bin for drying or storing grain, as with a corn crib.
- A small room or covered structure, especially one of rough construction, used for storage or penning animals.
- A confined space, as with a cage or office-cubicle
- (obsolete) A job, a position; (Britain) an appointment.
- 1904, Forrest Crissey, Tattlings of a Retired Politician:
- He had seen so many lean years of faithful service when the enemy held the corner on all the official cribs that, now in the days of his party’s fatness and of his own righteous reward, the habit of good, honest hustling stuck to him, and he lined up an array of pulls and indorsements that made him swell with happiness every time he went over the list.
- 1893,— Arthur Conan Doyle, “The Adventure of the Stockbroker’s Clerk”.
- A hovel, a roughly constructed building best suited to the shelter of animals but used for human habitation.
- (slang) One’s residence, house or dwelling place, or usual place of resort.
- A boxy structure traditionally built of heavy wooden timbers, to support an existing structure from below, as with a mineshaft or a building being raised off its foundation in preparation for being moved; see cribbing.
- (usually in the plural) A collection of quotes or references for use in speaking, for assembling a written document, or as an aid to a project of some sort; a crib sheet.
- (obsolete) A minor theft, extortion or embezzlement, with or without criminal intent.
- (cribbage) The card game cribbage.
- (cribbage) The cards discarded by players and used by the dealer.
- (cryptography) A known piece of information corresponding to a section of encrypted text, that is then used to work out the remaining sections.
- (southern New Zealand) A small holiday home, often near a beach and of simple construction.
- (Australia, New Zealand) A packed lunch taken to work.
- (Canada) A small raft made of timber.
- (Britain, obsolete, thieves' cant) The stomach.
- (slang) A cheat sheet or past test used by students; crib sheet.
- (transitive) To place or confine in a crib.
- To shut up or confine in a narrow habitation; to cage; to cramp.
- (transitive) To collect one or more passages and/or references for use in a speech, written document or as an aid for some task; to create a crib sheet.
- (transitive, informal) To plagiarize; to copy; to cheat.
- 1857, Hughes, Thomas, Tom Brown's School Days:
- He then proceeded to patch his tags together with the help of his Gradus, producing an incongruous and feeble result of eight elegiac lines, the minimum quantity for his form, and finishing up with two highly moral lines extra, making ten in all, which he cribbed entire from one of his books, beginning "O genus humanum," and which he himself must have used a dozen times before, whenever an unfortunate or wicked hero, of whatever nation or language under the sun, was the subject.
- 2017 August 9, Bradley, Laura, “How Star Wars: The Last Jedi Will—and Won’t—Echo The Empire Strikes Back”, in Vanity Fair:
- (intransitive) To install timber supports, as with cribbing.
- (transitive, obsolete) To steal or embezzle, to cheat out of.
- (India) To complain, to grumble
- To crowd together, or to be confined, as if in a crib or in narrow accommodations.
- (intransitive, of a horse) To seize the manger or other solid object with the teeth and draw in wind.
該当件数 : 106件
ベビーベッド - 特許庁
法枠構造体及び法枠構造体の施工方法 - 特許庁
|Copyright (c) 1995-2021 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|© 2000 - 2021 Hyper Dictionary, All rights reserved|
|Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.|
|Copyright(C) 2021 Infrastructure Development Institute-Japan. All Rights Reserved.|
|All Rights Reserved, Copyright © Japan Science and Technology Agency|
|©Aichi Prefectural Education Center|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright(C)2002-2021 National Institute of Information and Communications Technology. All Rights Reserved.|
|Copyright © 2021 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
|Copyright © 2021 Cross Language Inc. All Right Reserved.|
|DBCLS Home Page by DBCLS is licensed under a Creative Commons 表示 2.1 日本 License.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのcrib (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|