|出典：北里大学医療衛生学部 医療情報学研究室編集 医学用語集|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/01/10 08:14 UTC 版)
From Middle English skilen (also schillen), partly from 古期英語 scylian, scielian (“to separate, part, divide off”); and partly from Old Norse skilja (“to divide, separate”); both from Proto-Germanic *skilōną, *skiljaną (“to divide, limit”), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)kalǝ-, *(s)kelǝ- (“to split, cut”). Cognate with Danish skille (“to separate, discard”), Swedish skilja (“to distinguish, differentiate, part”), Icelandic skilja (“to understand”), Dutch schelen (“to make a difference”).
- (transitive) To set apart; separate.
- (transitive, chiefly dialectal) To discern; have knowledge or understanding; to know how (to).
- (transitive) To know; to understand.
- (intransitive) To have knowledge or comprehension; discern.
- (intransitive) To have personal or practical knowledge; be versed or practised; be expert or dextrous.
- (intransitive, archaic) To make a difference; signify; matter.
From Middle English skill, skille (also schil, schile), from 古期英語 *scile and Old Norse skil (“a distinction, discernment, knowledge”), from Proto-Germanic *skilin (“separation, limit”), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)kalǝ-, *(s)kelǝ- (“to split, cut”). Cognate with Danish skel (“a separation, boundary, divide”), Swedish skäl (“reason”), Dutch verschil (“difference”) and schillen (“to sperate the outer layer (schil) from the product”, verb).
- Capacity to do something well; technique, ability. Skills are usually acquired or learned, as opposed to abilities, which are often thought of as innate.
- 2013 December 6, Simon Hoggart, “Araucaria's last puzzle: crossword master dies”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 26, page 43:
- (obsolete) Discrimination; judgment; propriety; reason; cause.
- (obsolete) Knowledge; understanding.
- (obsolete) Display of art; exercise of ability; contrivance; address.
- (英国用法, slang) great, excellent
- 1987, Teresa Maughan, Letters (in Your Sinclair issue 18, June 1987)
- 1991, Wreckers (video game review in Crash issue 88, May 1991)
- 1999, "Andy Smith", I am well skill (on Internet newsgroup alt.digitiser)
該当件数 : 2710件
馬術. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
話術. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
技巧. - 研究社 新英和中辞典