不可算名詞 [具体的には 可算名詞]
|gìve…in márriage||táke…in márriage|
該当件数 : 1718件
From Middle English mariage, from Old French mariage, from marier (“to marry”), from Latin marītō (“marry”, verb, literally “give in marriage”), from maritus (“lover”, “nuptial”), from mas (“male, masculine, of the male sex”). Equivalent to marry + -age. Displaced native 古期英語 ġesinsċipe.
- The state of being married. [from 14th c.]
- You should enter marriage for love.
- A union of two or more people that creates a family tie and carries legal, social, and/or religious rights and responsibilities. [from 14th c.]
- 1944, Tiaki Hikawera Mitira, Takitimu, page 123:
- 1990, John Stevens, Lust for enlightenment: Buddhism and sex:
- 1995, Edith Deen, All of the women of the Bible, page 275:
- (sometimes specifically) The union of only two people, to the exclusion of all others.
- 1936, Dale Carnegie, “Part 1, Chapter 2. THE BIG SECRET OF DEALING WITH PEOPLE”, in How to Win Friends and Influence People, page 42:
- "I have a patient right now whose marriage proved to be a tragedy. She wanted love, sexual gratification, children, and social prestige; but life blasted all her hopes. Her husband didn't love her. He refused even to eat with her, and forced her to serve his meals in his room upstairs. She had no children, no social standing. She went insane; and, in her imagination, she divorced her husband and resumed her maiden name. She now believes she has married into the English aristocracy, and she insists on being called Lady Smith.
- (often specifically) The union of two people of opposite sex, to the exclusion of all others.
- A wedding; a ceremony in which people wed. [from 14th c.]
- (figuratively) A close union. [from 15th c.]
- 2000, Edmund E. Jacobitti, The Classical Heritage in Machiavelli's Histories, in The comedy and tragedy of Machiavelli: essays on the literary works (edited by Vickie B. Sullivan), page 181:
- 2003, Paul Mattick, Art in its time: theories and practices of modern aesthetics, page 105:
- 2006 August 9, Amy Scattergood, A wild dream in the wild, published in the Los Angeles Times, republished in 2009 in The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook: A Year in the Life of a Restaurant (by Michelle かつ Phillip Wojtowicz かつ Michael Gilson with Catherine Price), on the cover:
- 2019 February 8, Olarn, Kocha; Regan, Helen, “This princess could be the next prime minister of Thailand”, in CNN International Edition, Cable News Network, retrieved 2019-02-08:
- That bitter rivalry -- between Thaksin's supporters, known as the Red Shirts, and the royalist elites, known as the Yellow Shirts -- has been a hallmark of politics for the past 20 years, with deadly street protests a common occurrence. Friday's announcement signals a surprise marriage between the two sides, with Ubolratana having the power to break that cycle.
- A joining of two parts.
- (card games) A king and a queen, when held as a hand in some versions of poker or melded in pinochle.
- (card games) In solitaire or patience games, the placing a card of the same suit on the next one above or below it in value.
- (prison slang) A homosexual relationship between male prisoners.
- arranged marriage
- Boston marriage
- celestial marriage
- celestial plural marriage
- ceremonial marriage
- child marriage
- civil marriage
- common-law marriage
- common law marriage
- companionate marriage
- consummate marriage
- defend marriage
- earthly marriage
- eternal marriage
- gay marriage
- ghost marriage
- group marriage
- heavenly marriage
- hetero marriage
- homo marriage
- informal marriage
- Josephite marriage
- levirate marriage
- line marriage
- marriage agency
- marriage agent
- marriage bed
- marriage broker
- marriage bureau
- marriage by cohabitation with habit and repute
- marriage by habit and repute
- marriage certificate
- marriage counseling, marriage counselling
- marriage counselor, marriage counsellor
- marriage equality
- marriage finger
- marriage guidance
- marriage inequality
- marriage licence, marriage license
- marriage line
- marriage lite
- marriage of convenience
- marriage penalty
- marriage vow
- mixed marriage
- mop marriage
- morganatic marriage
- multilateral marriage
- mystical marriage
- natural marriage
- open marriage
- plural marriage
- posthumous marriage
- proxy marriage
- republican marriage
- royal marriage
- same-sex marriage
- shotgun marriage
- sororate marriage
- spirit marriage
- suspended marriage
- temple marriage
- traditional marriage
- white marriage
- work marriage
- yogic marriage
- marriage at OneLook Dictionary Search
- marriage in Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary, edited by The Keywords Project, Colin MacCabe, Holly Yanacek, 2018.
- marriage in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
- ^ “marriage” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2021.
- ^ “marriage” in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.
- “marriage” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- ^ http://www.myetymology.com/english/marriage.html
- "marriage" - Online Etymology Dictionary, Douglas Harper, accessed on 2012-04-11
該当件数 : 1718件
|Copyright (c) 1995-2021 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|© 2000 - 2021 Hyper Dictionary, All rights reserved|
|DBCLS Home Page by DBCLS is licensed under a Creative Commons 表示 2.1 日本 License.|
|All Rights Reserved, Copyright © Japan Science and Technology Agency|
|Copyright (C) 2021 ライフサイエンス辞書プロジェクト|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright(C)2002-2021 National Institute of Information and Communications Technology. All Rights Reserved.|
|Copyright © 2021 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
|Copyright © 2021 Cross Language Inc. All Right Reserved.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのmarriage (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|