出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/09/26 09:02 UTC 版)
- A period of time when a person occupies a position only conditionally and may easily be removed for poor performance
- A type of sentence where convicted criminals are allowed to continue living in the community but will automatically be sent to jail if they violate certain conditions
- (archaic) The act of testing; proof
- 1661, Robert Boyle, The Sceptical Chymist, page 20,
- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, lines 148-156,
- And then it started like a guilty thing / Upon a fearful summons. I have heard, / The cock, that is the trumpet to the morn, / Doth with his lofty and shrill-sounding throat / Awake the god of day; and, at his warning, / Whether in sea or fire, in earth or air / The extravagant and erring spirit hies / To his confine: and of the truth herein / This present object made probation.
該当件数 : 253件
place [put] a person on [under] two years' probation
人を 2 年間保護観察に付する. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
You will receive no pay [No salary will be paid] while you are on probation.
見習いの間は無給です. - 研究社 新和英中辞典
a government employee who is on probation, called probationer
実地で見習いをしている人 - EDR日英対訳辞書