該当件数 : 9件
彼らは薪をかかえてきて, 火の側にどさっと置いた. - 研究社 新和英中辞典
彼は自分のデスクに腕いっぱいの参考資料を持ち帰った - 日本語WordNet
- The amount an arm or arms can hold.
- 1670, [Joseph Blagrave], “How to Order an Orchard that It shall Never Misse Bearing”, in New Additions to the Art of Husbandry. [...], London: […] Benjamin Billingsley, […], OCLC 35245904, page 45:
- [T]ake three or four good arms full of muckle Straw, Hay, or Fern, not too wet, not to dry, and obſerving which ſide of the Orchard the Wind blows on, then laying a good armful of muckle in three or four places according to the bigneſs of your Orchard, then get ſome dry ſticks, and having kindled them put an armful of muckle upon the Fire, and it will ſmoak and ſmoother, and the wind will drive the ſmoak through the whole Orchard, continue it till the wind turn out of the Eaſterly quarter, and it will preſerve the Trees and Fruit from blites and all manner of flys and caterpillers, which thoſe ſorts of bliting winds uſually bring; [...]
- 1692, Roger L’Estrange, “[The Fables of Abstemius, &c.] Fab[le] CCLXXXI. A Sick Hermit.”, in Fables, of Æsop and Other Eminent Mythologists: […], London: Printed for R[ichard] Sare, […], OCLC 228727523, page 245:
- 1724, R[ichard] B[ellings], “A Sixth Book to The Countess of Pembroke’s Arcadia”, in Philip Sidney, The Works of the Honourable Sir Philip Sidney, Kt., volume III, London: [s.n.], OCLC 663665444, page 53:
- 1725, [Noël] Chomel, “PLOVER”, in R[ichard] Bradley, editor, Dictionaire Oeconomique: Or, The Family Dictionary. […], in Two Volumes, […], volume II (I–Z), London: […] D. Midwinter, […], OCLC 991191027, column 2:
- 1812, Kate Mont Albion [pseudonym; Catharine Bayley], A Set-down at Court; […] In Four Volumes, volume I, London: […] Allen & Co., […], OCLC 778245242, pages 30–31:
- 1840, [Richard Henry Dana Jr.], chapter XXVI, in Two Years before the Mast. […] (Harper’s Family Library; no. 106), New York, N.Y.: Harper & Brothers […], OCLC 191240091, page 286:
- 1846 August 25, Julian Silveyra, “Appendix No. 9. Method of Cultivation and Cure of Cuba Tobacco, as Practised in Cuba and the Other West India Islands.”, in James S. Peacocke, transl., Annual Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the Year 1847 (30th Congress, 1st Session, House of Representatives; ex. doc. no. 54), Washington, D.C.: […] Wendell and Van Benthuysen, published 3 March 1848, ISSN 0083-3002, OCLC 144619337, page 436:
- 1856 August, “Aunt Becky’s Load of Wood”, in The United States Magazine, volume III, number 2, New York, N.Y.: J. M. Emerson & Co., OCLC 977506194, pages 153–154:
- "Oh, yes, yes, Mary; give Aunt Becky a few sticks of wood, so she can get through with her washing." / "Well, how many sticks, father?" / "Oh, give her an armful; give her an armful, my child." / "An armful, father? what, my armful or her armful?" / "Why her armful, of course, child." / "Well, how big an armful? or how many sticks, father?" / "Why, my child, give her as much as she can carry in her arms."
- 1878, Harriet Beecher Stowe, “Dissolving Views”, in Poganuc People: Their Loves and Lives, New York, N.Y.: Fords, Howard, & Hulbert, OCLC 227701012, pages 8–9:
- Oh, Nabby, Nabby! do tell me what they are doing up at your church. I’ve seen ’em all day carrying armfulls and armfulls—ever so much—spruce and pine up that way, and Jim Brace and Tom Peters told me they were going to have a ’lumination there, and when I asked what a ’lumination was they only laughed at me and called me a Presbyterian.
- 1919 November 20, A[lan] A[lexander] Milne, “My Library”, in Not That It Matters, New York, N.Y.: E[dward] P[ayson] Dutton & Company […], published 1920, OCLC 1048023221, page 12:
- Together we hurried the books into the new white shelves which awaited them, the order in which they stood being of no matter so long as they were off the floor. Armful after armful was hastily stacked, the only pause being when (in the curious way in which these things happen) my own name suddenly caught the eye of the foreman. "Did you write this one, sir?" he asked. I admitted it.
- 1943 September, “Tokyo Bomber Hero is Italian Prisoner”, in George Starr Lasher, editor, The Rattle of Theta Chi, volume XXXII, number 1, Athens, Oh.: Theta Chi Fraternity, OCLC 16619918, page 30, column 3:
- 1986 December, Adele Sarkissian, editor, Something About the Author (Studies in Austrian Literature, Culture, かつ Thought; Autobiography Series; 1), Detroit, Mich.: Gale Research Co., →ISBN, page 66:
- 2011, Aleks Sierz, Rewriting the Nation: British Theatre Today, London: Methuen Drama, A & C Black Publishers, →ISBN, page 212:
- At one point, a man who looks after lost property for London Transport asks himself what the ‘armfuls and armfuls’ of mislaid umbrellas say about Britain: ‘It says caution, it says preparation, it says pragmatism. Quiet, ordered lives in which nothing could be more distressing than to get rained on. The umbrella, the safety net of the nation’ [...].
該当件数 : 9件
「こんなに両手にかかえるほどやることがあるお母さんがダンスですって！」 - James Matthew Barrie『ピーターパンとウェンディ』
抜かりなく、火が勢いを増したときにくべるための大枝も、腕一杯に集める。 - Jack London『火を起こす』
|Copyright (c) 1995-2020 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright © 2020 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのarmful (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|