該当件数 : 214件
- The state or condition of being a human being.
- The state or condition of being a man.
- 1936 Feb. 15, Ernest Hemingway, letter to Maxwell Perkins:
- All of the men of a given place, area, or any human subgroup (ethnicity, nation, race, religion, family, work crew または ship's crew, etc.) regarded collectively.
- Synonym: mankind (exclusively かつ universally: only synonymous in cases for which women are excluded, かつ when the meaning of manhood is universal または worldwide)
- Antonyms: womanhood, womankind
- During the Second World War, Russia lost a great percentage of its young manhood, giving rise to a great wave of widowhood in the country.
- The New Standard History of the World|Volume 2, page 809|year=1908|quote= […] it was not until the year 1870, after the republic had been completely drained of its manhood and resources, that the long war was terminated by the capture and death of Lopez […] }}
- 1914, D.J. Griffin, Hon. Sec. Castleisland, Kerry, Ireland , Article from the Newspaper "Ireland", Wednesday, November 11, 1914 Title: "Kerry Staunch and True, Great Meeting in Castleisland" :
- But he thanked them all the same for the good example they had shown the county and the country, that in time of trouble, in time of difficulty, and in time of doubt, the manhood of this district and of the surrounding district, and the manhood of Clan Desmond should show their faith in the old grand ideals of a free and united Ireland (cheers).
- 1932 (October), J.D. Eggleston, The Attitude of Virginia Leaders Toward Slavery and Secession Appearing in: The Virginia Teacher, Volume 13, Issue 7, .pp. 147 - 154:
- 2003, Lenn E. Goodman, Islamic Humanism page 112:
- The idealized nature of a man: all of the characteristics traditionally and ideally ascribed to manliness regarded collectively.
- Synonyms: manfulness, manliness, mannishness
- Antonyms: womanhood, womanishness, womanliness
- My goodness, James certainly is a prime example of manhood, isn't he?
- Traditionally, men sought to enhance the manhood of their young sons, so that they would become manly men, but in general, men no longer do so.
- The self-concept of a man being with respect to his possession of the various qualities traditionally and ideally ascribed to manliness; a man's sense or view of himself as being more or less manly.
- Antonym: womanhood
- The failure of William's business seems to have been quite damaging to his manhood.
- I feel that when you boss me around, you insult my manhood.
- (euphemistic) The male genitalia, especially the penis.
the male sex
該当件数 : 214件
普選は今や天下の輿論なり - 斎藤和英大辞典
|Copyright (c) 1995-2023 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright © 2023 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのmanhood (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|