|cróss the flóor||móp the flóor with…|
|tàke the flóor||wálk [páce] the flóor|
|wípe the flóor with…|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2013/12/29 00:07 UTC 版)
From Middle English, from 古期英語 flōr (“floor, pavement, ground, bottom”), from Proto-Germanic *flōrō, *flōrô, *flōraz (“flat surface, floor, plain”), from Proto-Indo-European *plõro- (“level, even”), from Proto-Indo-European *pele-, *plet-, *plāk- (“broad, flat, plain”). Cognate with West Frisian flier (“floor”), Dutch vloer (“floor”), German Flur (“field, floor, entrance hall”), Swedish flor (“floor of a cow stall”), Irish urlár (“floor”), Scottish Gaelic làr (“floor, ground, earth”), Welsh llawr (“ground, pavement”), Latin plānus (“level, flat”).
- The bottom or lower part of any room; the supporting surface of a room.
- The lower inside surface of a hollow space.
- A structure formed of beams, girders, etc, with proper covering, which divides a building horizontally into storeys/stories.
- The supporting surface or platform of a structure such as a bridge.
- A storey/story of a building.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 19, The China Governess:
- In a parliament, the part of the house assigned to the members, as opposed to the viewing gallery.
- Hence, the right to speak at a given time during a debate or other public event.
- (nautical) That part of the bottom of a vessel on each side of the keelson which is most nearly horizontal.
- (mining) The rock underlying a stratified or nearly horizontal deposit.
- (mining) A horizontal, flat ore body.
- (mathematics) The largest integer less than or equal to a given number.
- (gymnastics) An event performed on a floor-like carpeted surface.
- (finance) A lower limit on the interest rate payable on an otherwise variable-rate loan, used by lenders to defend against falls in interest rates. Opposite of a cap.
- To cover or furnish with a floor.
- 1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 1, The China Governess:
- To strike down or lay level with the floor; to knock down.
- To silence by a conclusive answer or retort.
- To amaze or greatly surprise.
- (colloquial) To finish or make an end of.
該当件数 : 20123件
is equal to floor(log2( x )),
はfloor(log2( x )) - JM
the upper floor(s)
上階. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
床板 - 斎藤和英大辞典