- 【不可算名詞】 (特に男女間の，または異なる社会的地位・年齢の人の間の)作法，礼儀(正しいこと).
- a breach of propriety
該当件数 : 2057件
with propriety発音を聞く 例文帳に追加
礼儀正しく. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
詩,書,礼,楽の4つの教え - EDR日英対訳辞書
|per||非常に広い意味を持つ印欧語根で、基本的には「前に」「…を経て」を表す前置詞の意味を持つ。その他にin front of, before, early, first, chief, toward, against, near, at, aroundのような広い意味を表す。|
From late Middle English proprietee, propretee, propriete (“ownership”), borrowed from Anglo-Norman propreté, Middle French proprieté, from Latin proprietās. By surface analysis, proper + -iety. Doublet of property.
- (obsolete) The particular character or essence of someone or something; individuality. [15th–20th c.]
- (obsolete) A characteristic; an attribute. [15th–20th c.]
- (now rare) A piece of land owned by someone; someone's property. [from 16th c.]
- (obsolete) More generally, something owned by someone; a possession. [16th–19th c.]
- The fact of possessing something; ownership. [from 16th c.]
- (now rare) Correct language or pronunciation. [from 17th c.]
- Suitability, fitness; the quality of being appropriate. [from 18th c.]
- (often in the plural) Correctness in behaviour and morals; good manners, seemliness. [from 19th c.]
- 1811, [Jane Austen], “Chapter 12”, in Sense and Sensibility […], volume (please specify |volume=I to III), London: […] C[harles] Roworth, […], and published by T[homas] Egerton, […], →OCLC:
- 1859 December 13, Charles Dickens, “The Ghost in Master B’s Room”, in Charles Dickens, editor, The Haunted House. The Extra Christmas Number of All the Year Round […], volume II, London: […] C. Whiting, […], →OCLC, page 29, column 2:
- 1922, McCormac, Eugene Irving, “Administration and Patronage”, in James K. Polk: A Political Biography, Berkeley, Cali.: University of California Press, →OCLC, page 331:
- With a deep sense of personal integrity and a desire to avoid everything which might impair his absolute independence, Polk declined to accept presents of more than nominal value. Shortly after his inauguration Thomas Lloyd sent him a valuable saddlehorse, but he promptly gave orders that it should be returned to the donor. Another admirer who sent a consignment of wine and other delicacies for the President's table was instructed to send a bill or to take the articles away. It soon became known that he would accept nothing of greater value than a book or a cane. The same rule applied to presents for Mrs. Polk.²⁷ The same scrupulous regard for propriety is shown in his refusal to invest in government securities a certain sum of money belonging to his nephew and ward, Marshall T. Polk.²⁸ His public policies were denounced in unmeasured terms, and his political honesty was frequently impugned, but even his enemies credited him with personal integrity and purity of character. His own personal affairs were characterized by simplicity and frugality. This fact has already been noted in the care with which he guarded against exorbitant charges at the time of his inauguration.²⁹
- 2012 May 27, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “New Kid On The Block” (season 4, episode 8; originally aired 11/12/1992)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- The neighbor is eventually able to sell her home despite Homer’s pants-less affronts to propriety and decency and Bart falls deeply and instantly for one of its new inhabitants, a tough but charming and funny tomboy girl named Laura (voiced by Sara Gilbert) with just the right combination of toughness and sweetness, granite and honey.
a self-acquired right
該当件数 : 2057件
観光客の服装は地元の礼儀正しさの基準にかなっていない。 - Tanaka Corpus
この法案の是非の判断は，今年９月の小泉首相退陣後の次期内閣にゆだねられることになる。 - 浜島書店 Catch a Wave
媒体正当性出力装置、媒体正当性出力方法および媒体正当性出力プログラム - 特許庁
|Copyright (c) 1995-2023 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|© 2000 - 2023 Hyper Dictionary, All rights reserved|
|All Rights Reserved, Copyright © Japan Science and Technology Agency|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright © 2023 CJKI. All Rights Reserved|
|Copyright © 2023 Cross Language Inc. All Right Reserved.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのpropriety (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|