該当件数 : 45件
暗く表示される部分をさらに暗く表示できるようにして画面のコントラストを向上させる。 - 特許庁
- With insufficient light for easy discernment or comprehension
- With a dark appearance
- 1906 October 4, “Light Colors for Machine Tools”, in Charles Kirchhoff, Geo[rge] W. Cope, and A. I. Findley, editors, The Iron Age, volume LXXVIII, New York, N.Y.: David Williams Company […], OCLC 397407268, page 877, column 1:
- 1998, John Minch, “Geology Roadlog”, in Lowell Lindsay and William G. Hample, editors, Geology and Geothermal Resources of the Imperial and Mexicali Valleys (San Diego Association of Geologists – Annual Field Trip Guides), San Diego, Calif.: San Diego Association of Geologists, →ISBN, pages 30–31:
- Cerro Colorado is composed of granitic rocks covered with a dark-colored desert varnish. The Sierra Cucapa are a lighter reddish-brown and lie in the background on the far side of Laguna Salada. They are also covered with a patina of desert varnish but not as darkly as the surface of Cerro Colorado. […] A minor weathering feature of the desert is a thin, shiny, reddish-brown to blackish coating called desert varnish that occurs on some desert rocks.
- 2016, Yehiel Yeshaia Trunk; Anna Clarke, transl., chapter 21, in Piotr J. Wróbel and Robert M. Shapiro, editors, Poyln: My Life within Jewish Life in Poland, Sketches and Images, Toronto, Ont.; Buffalo, N.Y.: University of Toronto Press, →ISBN, page 149:
- (figuratively) In a manner which is not readily visible or noticeable; inconspicuously
- 1964, Stanley Woodward, Paper Tiger: An Old Sportswriter's Reminiscences of People, Newspapers, War and Work , chapter 3, page 33 of the 2007 University of Nebraska Press paperback edition:
- Set defenses permitted a coach to plan an attack with scant worry as to where he would find the offensive men. So our Tom Reilly schemed darkly and came up with the attack which pried apart the Brown Bowlers. His scheme was to double team every man in the defensive line by employing one back as an eighth lineman and spreading the enemy further by posting a wingback outside the strong end of an unbalanced line which had five men on this side of center.
- (figuratively) In a manner which retards or prevents discernment; clandestinely
- 1907, Cyril Ranger Gull as Guy Thorne, The Serf , chapter 5:
- His secret wooing of the Norman lady who was so proud and stately was very dear to him, and the romance of it pleased him even more than the mere material joys he hoped some day to gain from it. Proud as she was, womanlike she at least deigned to listen to him, and his crafty brain schemed darkly to take opportunity as it came, and make her his own by treachery.
- (figuratively) In a manner which is difficult to understand, or which retards or prevents understanding; incomprehensibly
- 1651, Peter Bulkeley [i.e., Peter Bulkley], “The Second Difference, that the One was More Dark, the Other Gives Clearer Light”, in The Gospel-covenant; or, The Covenant of Grace Opened. […], 2nd enlarged and corrected edition, London: Printed by Matthew Simmons, […], OCLC 896193833, page 168:
- Secondly, The Covenant was then revealed more darkly and obſcurely, but now the diſpenſation of it, is more cleare and evident: the light is now marvellous, it is as the Sunne ſhining at noone-day. […] Though it was revealed before, yet it was but darkly, but now it is revealed more clearly ſince the coming of our Saviour Chriſt; […]
- (figuratively) In a manner which tends to produce uncertainty or confusion; bewilderingly
- 1824, Charles Robert Maturin, The Albigenses , chapter 16:
- Here, as Genevieve sat musing, in apparent slumber, on her situation of peril, and her hope of liberty, her sentinels, who had hitherto walked at a surly distance from her, now chanced to pass nearer; and she heard one of them say, “She sleeps, thou need'st not whisper; -I tell thee it must be done to-night.” “What must be done?” said his companion, “for hitherto thou hast spoken thy purpose darkly.”—“The queen must be removed this night,” said the other. “Here have been missives from the bishop, who, amid the thunders of the siege, found leisure to receive and answer the letters of King Philip, touching the matter of the queen's thraldom, and to send the order thou wottest of, and which must be suddenly obeyed.”
- (figuratively) In a manner which produces an inward conviction of future misfortune; ominously
- 1845, Friedrich Schiller; James Clarence Mangan, transl., “The Diver. A Ballad.”, in Anthologia Germanica. German Anthology: A Series of Translations from the Most Popular of the German Poets. [...] In Two Volumes, volume I, Dublin: William Curry, Jun. and Company; London: Longmans, Brown and Co., OCLC 37340552, page 39:
- 1859 November 26 – 1860 August 25, [William] Wilkie Collins, “Hartright’s Narrative”, in The Woman in White. […], New York, N.Y.: Harper & Brothers, Publishers, […], published 1860, OCLC 558180353, part II, section IX, page 212, column 1:
- 1976, James Monaco, “Truffaut: Intimate Politics: L’Enfant sauvage, Les Deux Anglaises et le Continent, Une Belle Fille comme moi, La Nuit américaine”, in The New Wave: Truffaut, Godard, Chabrol, Rohmer, Rivette, New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 92:
- (figuratively) In a morbid manner; morbidly, sinisterly
- 1814, Lord Byron, The Corsair, a Tale, London: Printed by Thomas Davison, […], for John Murray, […], OCLC 1061889661, canto I, stanza IX, lines 225–228, page 12:
- 2018 February, Robert Draper, “They are Watching You—and Everything Else on the Planet: Technology and Our Increasing Demand for Security have Put Us All under Surveillance. Is Privacy Becoming just a Memory?”, in National Geographic, Washington, D.C.: National Geographic Society, ISSN 0027-9358, OCLC 1049714034, archived from the original on 14 June 2018:
該当件数 : 45件
彼は暗に辞意をほのめかした - 斎藤和英大辞典
米国の暗くユーモラスな小説の作家（1942年生まれ） - 日本語WordNet
肢に黒い帯があり，毎日巣を作る橙と渋色をしたクモ - 日本語WordNet
「もしお母さんなんてものが見つかったら、気に入るといいね」 - James Matthew Barrie『ピーターパンとウェンディ』
彼らは要求を容れなければ総辞職をするようなことを暗にほのめかした - 斎藤和英大辞典
もともと中国では拓本の成り立ちからいって、拓本は濃く採られる傾向があった。 - Wikipedia日英京都関連文書対訳コーパス
|Copyright (c) 1995-2022 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright (C) 2022 ライフサイエンス辞書プロジェクト|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのdarkly (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|