⇒LEAVE１ behind 【成句】.
|behìnd schédule||from behìnd…|
該当件数 : 8051件
in back of ... :「…の後ろ（のほう）に」の意でbehindとほぼ同義．位置関係を表す場合，in front of ...との対応関係にある/I sat in back of him in class.私はクラスで彼の後ろに座った
at the back of ... :主に((米))では「…の後部に」の意でat the front of ...と対応する/There's no door at the back of the restaurant.レストランの奥にはドアがありません
From Middle English behinde, behinden, from 古期英語 behindan (“on the back side of, behind”), equivalent to be- + hind. Compare Old Saxon bihindan (“behind”, adverb), Middle High German behinter (“behind; back”).
- At or to the back or far side of.
- 1879, R[ichard] J[efferies], chapter 1, in The Amateur Poacher, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., […], OCLC 752825175:
- But then I had the [massive] flintlock by me for protection. ¶ […] The linen-press and a chest on the top of it formed, however, a very good gun-carriage; and, thus mounted, aim could be taken out of the window […], and a 'bead' could be drawn upon Molly, the dairymaid, kissing the fogger behind the hedge, little dreaming that the deadly tube was levelled at them.
- 2013 July 19, Garton Ash, Timothy, “Where Dr Pangloss meets Machiavelli”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 18:
- Hidden behind thickets of acronyms and gorse bushes of detail, a new great game is under way across the globe. Some call it geoeconomics, but it's geopolitics too. The current power play consists of an extraordinary range of countries simultaneously sitting down to negotiate big free trade and investment agreements.
- Less forward or advanced than; after.
- Responsible for, being the creator or controller of.
- Underlying, being the reason for or explanation of.
- In support of.
- (nonstandard, US, slang) As a result or consequence of.
- At or in the rear or back part of something.
- In a rearward direction.
- So as to come after someone or something in position, distance, advancement, ranking, time, etc.
- So as to be still in place after someone or something has departed or ceased to exist.
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- (archaic) Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- The rear, back-end.
- (informal) The buttocks, bottom, butt.
- 2010, Mary Roach, “One Furry Step for Mankind: The Strange Careers of Ham and Enos”, in Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void, W. W. Norton & Company, →ISBN, page 158:
- "So the catheter didn't have anything to do with keeping him from touching himself?" I don't usually go in for euphemisms, but Fineg is a man who says "behind", as in "I have a picture where he bit me in the behind." The catheter, it turns out, was in the chimp's femoral artery (to monitor blood pressure), not his urethra.
- 2011 December 12, Alyssa Newcomb, “Sit, Stay, Aim, Fire. Dog Shoots Another Hunter”, in ABC News, archived from the original on 25 October 2021, retrieved 24 October 2021:
- "The dog got excited, was jumping around inside the boat and then it jumped on the gun. It went off, shooting the [decoy setter] in the buttocks," Box Elder County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Kevin Potter told the Salt Lake Tribune. Twenty-seven rounds of birdshot were removed from the man's behind after the accident.
- (豪州用法 rules football) A one-point score.
- (baseball, slang, 1800s) The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- behind bars
- behind closed doors
- behind in the count
- behind somebody's back
- behind the arc
- behind the bit
- behind the counter
- behind the eight-ball
- behind the scenes
- behind the wheel
該当件数 : 8051件
|Copyright (c) 1995-2022 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|© 2000 - 2022 Hyper Dictionary, All rights reserved|
|All Rights Reserved, Copyright © Japan Science and Technology Agency|
|Copyright (C) 2022 ライフサイエンス辞書プロジェクト|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
|Copyright(C)2002-2022 National Institute of Information and Communications Technology. All Rights Reserved.|
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのbehind (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|