|kwo-||関係代名詞・疑問代名詞の語幹を表す印欧語根。k^wi-とも表記。関係代名詞・疑問代名詞としての派生語はhow, what, when, where, which, who, whyなど。他の派生語は、either, quality, quantityなど。|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2014/02/13 19:10 UTC 版)
- (conjunctive) Nevertheless, nonetheless, even so, that said, in spite of this.
- 1893, Walter Besant, “Prologue”, in The Ivory Gate:
- 1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 2, The Mirror and the Lamp:
- That the young Mr. Churchills liked—but they did not like him coming round of an evening and drinking weak whisky-and-water while he held forth on railway debentures and corporation loans. Mr. Barrett, however, by fawning and flattery, seemed to be able to make not only Mrs. Churchill but everyone else do what he desired.
- 2013 June 29, “A punch in the gut”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 72-3:
- (degree) To whatever degree.
- (manner) In whatever way.
- 2013 June 21, Oliver Burkeman, “The tao of tech”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 48:
- (主に英国用法, as an intensified form in interrogatives) In what way?; how?
- However did you do that?
(although): The use of however as a conjunction meaning "but" is identical to its use as a clause-initial adverb meaning "nevertheless", except in punctuation (when written) and in prosody (when spoken). Hence, the following proscribed sentence:
In particular, when used as a conjunction in this sense, however always appears between the clauses it connects; it does not introduce a true subordinate clause that can be moved to the start of an independent clause, because a conjunctive adverb cannot do that.
- however in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “however” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "however" in Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P)2007 Microsoft Corporation.
- "however (degree)" in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary © Cambridge University Press 2007.
- "however (despite)" in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary © Cambridge University Press 2007.
- "however (way)" in Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary © Cambridge University Press 2007.
- "however" in Compact Oxford English Dictionary, © Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.
出典:『Wikipedia』 (2011/04/07 00:09 UTC 版)
該当件数 : 28587件
…; however …
しかし - 愛知県総合教育センター Classroom English（教室英語集）
however A is B
しかしAはBだ - Weblio Email例文集
ですけれども - Weblio Email例文集