【不可算名詞】 [具体的には 【可算名詞】]
|beyònd (áll) réason||by réason of…|
|for óne réason or anóther||for réasons bést knówn to onesélf|
|in réason||It stánds to réason that…|
|pàst (áll) réason||rhýme or réason|
|sée réason||withìn réason|
|Óurs (is) nòt to réason whý.||réason óut|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/08/05 03:08 UTC 版)
- A cause:
- That which causes something: an efficient cause, a proximate cause.
- A motive for an action or a determination.
- The reason I robbed the bank was that I needed the money.
- If you don't give me a reason to go with you, I won't.
- 1806, Anonymous, Select Notes to Book XXI, in, Alexander Pope, translator, The Odyssey of Homer, volume 6 (London, F.J. du Roveray), page 37:
- 1881, Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady, chapter 10:
- An excuse: a thought or a consideration offered in support of a determination or an opinion; that which is offered or accepted as an explanation.
- (uncountable) Rational thinking (or the capacity for it; the cognitive faculties, collectively, of conception, judgment, deduction and intuition.
- 1970, Hannah Arendt, On Violence (ISBN 0156695006), page 62:
2014 June 21, “Magician’s brain”, The Economist, volume 411, number 8892:
- (obsolete) Something reasonable, in accordance with thought; justice.
- (mathematics, obsolete) Ratio; proportion.
- (intransitive) To exercise the rational faculty; to deduce inferences from premises; to perform the process of deduction or of induction; to ratiocinate; to reach conclusions by a systematic comparison of facts.
- (intransitive) Hence: To carry on a process of deduction or of induction, in order to convince or to confute; to formulate and set forth propositions and the inferences from them; to argue.
- (intransitive) To converse; to compare opinions.
- (transitive) To arrange and present the reasons for or against; to examine or discuss by arguments; to debate or discuss.
- (transitive, まれに) To support with reasons, as a request.
- (transitive) To persuade by reasoning or argument.
- (transitive, with down) To overcome or conquer by adducing reasons.
- (transitive, usually with out) To find by logical process; to explain or justify by reason or argument.
該当件数 : 7499件
reason of a substance
理致 - EDR日英対訳辞書
理性 - EDR日英対訳辞書
regain one's reason＝be restored to reason
正気に返る. - 研究社 新英和中辞典