|be cáught on the wróng fóot||gèt (hóld of) the wróng énd of the stíck|
|gèt on the wróng síde of a person||gèt óut of béd on the wróng síde|
|gò dówn the wróng wáy||in the wróng bóx|
|on the wróng síde of…|
|gèt ìn wróng with a person||gèt…wróng|
|be in the wróng||dò a person wróng＝dò wróng to a person|
|pùt a person in the wróng|
該当件数 : 5515件
That is wrong.
それは違う。 - Weblio Email例文集
You are wrong.
あなたは違う。 - Weblio Email例文集
This is wrong.
これは違う。 - Weblio Email例文集
|wer-||回すこと、向くこと、曲げることを表す印欧語根。接尾辞-ward（forward, waywardなど、注※）の由来として「…の方へ」「…を指して」の意。他の重要な派生語は、接頭辞ob-（object, obtain, offerなど）の単語、語幹vert（convert, divertなど）の単語、warp, worry, worthなど。|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/12/28 01:16 UTC 版)
From Middle English wrong, from 古期英語 wrang (“wrong, twisted, uneven”), from Old Norse rangr, *vrangr (“crooked, wrong”), from Proto-Germanic *wrangaz (“crooked, twisted, turned awry”), from Proto-Indo-European *werḱ-, *werǵ-, *wrengʰ- (“to twist, weave, tie together”), from Proto-Indo-European *wer- (“to turn, bend”). Cognate with Scots wrang (“wrong”), Danish vrang (“wrong, crooked”), Swedish vrång (“perverse, distorted”), Icelandic rangur (“wrong”), Dutch wrang (“bitter, sour”) and the name of the mythic Old Frisian city of Rungholt (“crooked wood”). More at wring.
- Incorrect or untrue.
- Asserting something incorrect or untrue.
- Immoral, not good, bad.
- Improper; unfit; unsuitable.
- Not working; out of order.
- Designed to be worn or placed inward; as, the wrong side of a garment or of a piece of cloth.
- (obsolete) Twisted; wry.
- The single-word comparative and superlative forms wronger and wrongest are no longer in common use, except humorously; rather, the locutions “more wrong” and “most wrong” are preferred.
- When wrong is used attributively, before a noun, the noun is usually treated as definite, using the article the; hence, for example, one says, “I dialed the wrong number”, “he gave the wrong answer”, and “she took the wrong approach”, even though there are many possible wrong numbers, answers, and approaches, of which only one was dialed, given, or taken.
- 2007 January 3, Ken Miller, “The Collapse of Intelligent Design: Will the next Monkey Trial be in Ohio?”, Case Western University, Strosacker Auditorium
- that statement is wrong. Now that's not an incidental statement, that is the heart and soul of the Intelligent Design argument, and in this case it turns out to be wrong. Now it's even wronger than that [laughter] because it turns out that not only do these proteins make up the Type-III Secretory Apparatus but almost every protein in the bacerial flagellum is strongly homologous to proteins that have other functions elsewhere in the cell.
- Something that is immoral or not good.
- An instance of wronging someone (sometimes with possessive to indicate the wrongdoer).
- The incorrect or unjust position or opinion.
- The opposite of right; the concept of badness.
- To treat unjustly; to injure or harm.
- To deprive of some right, or to withhold some act of justice.
- To slander; to impute evil to unjustly.
- 1598, William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene II, line 121. — O masters! if I were dispos'd to stir Your hearts and minds to mutiny and rage, I should do Brutus wrong, and Cassius wrong, Who (you all know) are honorable men. I will not do them wrong; I rather choose To wrong the dead, to wrong myself and you, Than I will wrong such honorable men.
該当件数 : 5515件
どしたのですか - Weblio Email例文集
まったく違う - Weblio Email例文集
If it's wrong
もし違うなら - Weblio Email例文集
- 好きな英語の名言はありますか？ (184)
- 英単語暗記について (132)
- 英語を身につける意味とは？ (129)
- 海外の人に喜ばれるおみやげはありますか？ (113)
- レベル30が簡単すぎます。レベルを増やしてください。 (106)