該当件数 : 95件
ありのまま - 斎藤和英大辞典
- (obsolete) Directed vertically; coming straight down.
- c. 1591–1592, William Shakespeare, “The Third Part of Henry the Sixt, […]”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies […] (First Folio), London: […] Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, [Act I, scene i]:
- 1611, John Donne, An Anatomy of the World, London: Samuel Macham,
- Directly to the point; plain
- 1842, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Lady Anne Granard, volume 1, page 237:
- Her husband was evidently a sensible man, and he might have given his wife a little more sense than she could have derived from her downright father and her silly mother-in-law, who were really as great a pair of noodles as ever were exhibited in the pages of a modern novel, under the cognomen of "amiable rustics."
- 1907, George Witton, Scapegoats of the Empire: The True Story of Breaker Morant’s Bushveldt Carbineers, Chapter 5,
- There were miners from Klondyke, hunters from the backwoods, troopers from the Northwest Frontier Police, and included were some of the “hardest cases” that the land of the maple leaf ever produced; these were past-masters in the use of unique expletives, and for downright and original profanity it would hardly be possible to find their equal.
- 1920, Annie Shepley Omori and Kochi Doi, Diaries of Court Ladies of Old Japan, Boston: Houghton Mifflin, Translator’s Note,
- Using plain direct language; accustomed to express opinions directly and bluntly; blunt.
- 1776, Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations, London: W. Strahan & T. Cadell, Volume 1, Book 2, Chapter 2, p. 396,
- 1815 December (indicated as 1816), [Jane Austen], chapter 4, in Emma: […], volume (please specify |volume=I, II または III), London: […] [Charles Roworth and James Moyes] for John Murray, OCLC 1708336:
- There is an openness, a quickness, almost a bluntness in Mr. Weston, which every body likes in him, because there is so much good-humour with it—but that would not do to be copied. Neither would Mr. Knightley’s downright, decided, commanding sort of manner, though it suits him very well; his figure, and look, and situation in life seem to allow it; but if any young man were to set about copying him, he would not be sufferable.
- 1941, Emily Carr, Klee Wyck, Chapter 3,
- Complete; absolute
- 1650, Thomas Browne, chapter I, in Pseudodoxia Epidemica: […], 2nd edition, London: […] A. Miller, for Edw[ard] Dod and Nath[aniel] Ekins, […], OCLC 152706203, 3rd book, page 5:
- For although in that ancient and diffused adoration of Idols, unto the Priests and subtiler heads, the worship perhaps might be symbolicall, and as those Images some way related unto their deities; yet was the Idolatry direct and down-right in the people […] who may be made beleeve that any thing is God […] .
- 1749, Henry Fielding, chapter 3, in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: A[ndrew] Millar […], OCLC 928184292, book 15, page 132:
- 1879, Robert Louis Stevenson, Edinburgh: Picturesque Notes, London: Seeley, 1903, Chapter 1,
- Really; actually; quite
- 1716, Joseph Addison, The Drummer; or, The Haunted House, London: Jacob Tonson, Act I, Scene 1, p. 8,
- 1753, Samuel Richardson, The History of Sir Charles Grandison, Volume 6, Letter 31, p. 208,
- (obsolete) Straight down; perpendicularly.
- (obsolete) Plainly, unambiguously; directly.
- (obsolete) Without delay; at once.
- 1712, John Arbuthnot, John Bull in His Senses: Being the Second Part of Law is a Bottomless-Pit, London: John Morphew, Chapter 2, p. 14,
該当件数 : 95件
|Copyright (c) 1995-2022 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのdownright (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|