|betwèen oursélves＝betwèen yóu and mé＝betwèen yóu and mé and the gátepost [bédpost]||cóme betwèen…|
|from betwèen…||in betwèen…|
⇒BETWIXT and between 【成句】.
|féw and fár betwéen||in betwéen|
該当件数 : 49929件
激しい争い - EDR日英対訳辞書
5《between A and B》AやらBやらで（《between A, B and C》のように３者間にも用いられる）
成句between ourselves⇔between you and me⇔between you, me and the gatepost [bedpost, lamppost]
成句in between ...
From Middle English betwene, from 古期英語 betwēonum (“between, among”, dative 複数形, literally “by the two, near both”), from Proto-Germanic *bi- (“be-”) + *twīhnaz (“two each”), corresponding to be- + twain. Cognate with Scots between (“between”), Scots atween (“between”), Gothic (tweihnai, “two each”), 古期英語 betweohs (“between”), 古期英語 twinn (“double, twofold”). More at betwixt, twin.
- In the position or interval that separates (two things), or intermediate in quantity or degree. (See Usage notes below.)
- Done together or reciprocally.
- Shared in confidence.
- In transit from (one to the other, または connecting places).
- Combined (by effort または ownership).
- One of (representing a choice).
- Taking together the combined effect of.
- Some groups of non-native speakers confuse between and among. It is sometimes said that between usually applies to two things, while among applies to more than two things. This is not correct; according to the Oxford English Dictionary: "In all senses, between has been, from its earliest appearance, extended to more than two. In OE and ME, it was so extended in sense 1, in which among is now considered better. It is still the only word available to express the relation of a thing to many surrounding things severally and individually, among expressing a relation to them collectively and vaguely: we should not say ‘the space lying among the three points,’ or ‘a treaty among three powers,’ or ‘the choice lies among the three candidates in the select list,’ or ‘to insert a needle among the closed petals of a flower’".
- between a rock and a hard place
- between decks
- between jobs
- between ourselves
- between Scylla and Charybdis
- between the devil and the deep blue sea
- between the ears
- between the hammer and the anvil
- between the jigs and the reels
- between the pegs
- between the pipes
- between times
- between two stools
- between wind and water
- between you and I
- between you and me
- between you and me and the bedpost
- between you and me and these four walls
- betwixt and between
- bit between one's teeth
- caught between two stools
- come between
- create daylight between oneself and someone
- drive a wedge between
- fall between the cracks
- fall between two stools
- few and far between
- get between
- in between
- in-between hop
- keep it between the ditches
- know the difference between one's ass and a hole in the ground
- know the difference between one's ass and one's elbow
- mean distance between failure
- nothing to choose between
- put daylight between oneself and someone
- read between the lines
- rose between two thorns
- stand between
- step between
- sympathy is between shit and syphilis
- tail between one's legs
- there's many a slip between the cup and the lip
該当件数 : 49929件
間 - EDR日英対訳辞書
|Copyright (c) 1995-2022 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|© 2000 - 2022 Hyper Dictionary, All rights reserved|
|Copyright (C) 2022 ライフサイエンス辞書プロジェクト|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのbetween (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|