研究社 新英和中辞典での「between ～」の英訳
[場所・位置などを表わして] 〈二つ〉の間に[の，で] 《★【用法】 between は通例二つのものに用い，among は三つ以上の場合に用いる; 従って，二つの複数形か二つをつなぐ and を持つ目的語がくる》.
between Tokyo and Yokohama 東京・横浜間に[の, を, で].
know the difference between right and wrong 善と悪との区別ができる.
a treaty between three powers 三国間の条約.
|betwèen oursélves＝betwèen yóu and mé＝betwèen yóu and mé and the gátepost [bédpost]||cóme betwèen…|
|from betwèen…||in betwèen…|
I can see nothing between. 間には何も見えない.
⇒BETWIXT and between 【成句】.
|féw and fár betwéen||in betwéen|
該当件数 : 49929件
a gap (between something)発音を聞く例文帳に追加
すきま - EDR日英対訳辞書
active hostility between nations or between factions in the same country, called war発音を聞く例文帳に追加
激しい争い - EDR日英対訳辞書
5《between A and B》AやらBやらで（《between A, B and C》のように３者間にも用いられる）
成句between ourselves⇔between you and me⇔between you, me and the gatepost [bedpost, lamppost]
成句in between ...
- betweene (古風な用法)
- betwene (古風な用法)
- b/w (abbreviation)
- btwn (abbreviation)
From Middle English betwene, from 古期英語 betwēonum (“between, among”, dative 複数形, literally “by the two, near both”), from Proto-Germanic *bi- (“be-”) + *twīhnaz (“two each”), corresponding to be- + twain. Cognate with Scots between (“between”), Scots atween (“between”), Gothic (tweihnai, “two each”), 古期英語 betweohs (“between”), 古期英語 twinn (“double, twofold”). More at betwixt, twin.
- In the position or interval that separates (two things), or intermediate in quantity or degree. (See Usage notes below.)
- Done together or reciprocally.
- conversation between friends
- 1935, George Goodchild, chapter 1, in Death on the Centre Court:
- She mixed furniture with the same fatal profligacy as she mixed drinks, and this outrageous contact between things which were intended by Nature to be kept poles apart gave her an inexpressible thrill.
- Shared in confidence.
- In transit from (one to the other, または connecting places).
- He's between jobs right now. The shuttle runs between the town and the airport.
- Combined (by effort または ownership).
- One of (representing a choice).
- You must choose between him and me.
- Some colour-blind people can't distinguish between red and green.
- Taking together the combined effect of.
- Between the food and the card games, this proved to be the best birthday party I have ever had.
- It is sometimes said that between usually applies to two things, while among applies to more than two things. According to the Oxford English Dictionary: "In all senses, between has been, from its earliest appearance, extended to more than two. In OE and ME, it was so extended in sense 1, in which among is now considered better. It is still the only word available to express the relation of a thing to many surrounding things severally and individually, among expressing a relation to them collectively and vaguely: we should not say ‘the space lying among the three points,’ or ‘a treaty among three powers,’ or ‘the choice lies among the three candidates in the select list,’ or ‘to insert a needle among the closed petals of a flower’".
- between a rock and a hard place
- between decks
- between jobs
- between ourselves
- between Scylla and Charybdis
- between the devil and the deep blue sea
- between the ears
- between the hammer and the anvil
- between the jigs and the reels
- between the pegs
- between the pipes
- between times
- between two stools
- between wind and water
- between you and I
- between you and me
- between you and me and the bedpost
- between you and me and these four walls
- betwixt and between
- bit between one's teeth
- caught between two stools
- come between
- create daylight between oneself and someone
- drive a wedge between
- fall between the cracks
- fall between two stools
- few and far between
- get between
- in between
- in-between hop
- keep it between the ditches
- know the difference between one's ass and a hole in the ground
- know the difference between one's ass and one's elbow
- mean distance between failure
- nothing to choose between
- put daylight between oneself and someone
- read between the lines
- rose between two thorns
- stand between
- step between
- sympathy is between shit and syphilis
- tail between one's legs
- there's many a slip between the cup and the lip
position determined by multiple objects (opening, space, gap between objects)
the gap between things
該当件数 : 49929件
between labor and management発音を聞く例文帳に追加
労使間で. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
position determined by multiple objects (opening, space, gap between objects)発音を聞く例文帳に追加
間 - EDR日英対訳辞書
a boundary between rice paddies発音を聞く例文帳に追加
田の境 - EDR日英対訳辞書
英和辞典 情報提供元は 参加元一覧 にて確認できます。
|Copyright (c) 1995-2023 Kenkyusha Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.|
|Copyright © Benesse Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.|
|© 2000 - 2023 Hyper Dictionary, All rights reserved|
|Copyright (C) 2023 ライフサイエンス辞書プロジェクト|
日本語ワードネット1.1版 (C) 情報通信研究機構, 2009-2010 License All rights reserved.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved. License
Copyright (C) 1994- Nichigai Associates, Inc., All rights reserved.
Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA) and/or GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL).
Weblio英和・和英辞典に掲載されている「Wiktionary英語版」の記事は、Wiktionaryのbetween (改訂履歴)の記事を複製、再配布したものにあたり、Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY-SA)もしくはGNU Free Documentation Licenseというライセンスの下で提供されています。
|CMUdict||CMUdict is Copyright (C) 1993-2008 by Carnegie Mellon University.|
Between 100,000 and 300,000 american children
Between 10,000 and 40,000 years ago.
Between 100 and 200,000 years ago.
Between 10 percent and 20 percent of their land in the highlands aside