|be on one's hónor to dó＝be (in) hónor bóund to dó||dò hónor to a person＝dò a person hónor|
|gìve a person one's wórd of hónor||hónor bríght|
|Hónors are éven.||in hónor of…|
|ón mỳ hónor||pùt a person on his hónor|
|the hónors of wár||to a person's hónor|
|upón mỳ hónor|
|教育：||unit visual aids placement test|
|英大学：||class high table|
出典:『Wiktionary』 (2015/04/03 20:06 UTC 版)
- (uncountable) Recognition of importance or value; respect; veneration (of someone, usually for being morally upright and/or competent).
- (uncountable) The state of being morally upright, honest, noble, virtuous, and magnanimous; excellence of character; the perception of such a state; favourable reputation; dignity.
- (countable) A token of praise or respect; something that represents praiseworthiness or respect, such as a prize or award given by the state to a citizen.
- Honors are normally awarded twice a year: on The Queen's Birthday in June and at the New Year.
- He wore an honor on his breast.
- military honors; civil honors
- Audie Murphy received many honors, such as the Distinguished Service Cross.
- A privilege.
- (in the plural) The privilege of going first.
- A cause of respect and fame; a glory; an excellency; an ornament.
- (feudal law) A seigniory or lordship held of the king, on which other lordships and manors depended.
- (heraldry, countable) The center point of the upper half of an armorial escutcheon. (Compare honour point.)
- (countable, card games) In bridge, an ace, king, queen, jack, or ten especially of the trump suit. In some other games, an ace, king, queen or jack.
- (in the plural) (Courses for) an honours degree: a university qualification of the highest rank.
- (transitive) To think of highly, to respect highly; to show respect for; to recognise the importance or spiritual value of.
- (transitive) To conform to, abide by, act in accordance with (an agreement, treaty, promise, request, または the like).
- (transitive) To confer (bestow) an honour or privilege upon (someone).
- (transitive) To make payment in respect of (a cheque, banker's draft etc).
該当件数 : 1012件
an affair of honor
決闘. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
貞節. - 研究社 新英和中辞典
one's honor (to others)
面目 - EDR日英対訳辞書